Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I jumped a guy off at the mall a couple weeks ago and my check engine light has been on ever since. I can't remember the code but it's a glow plug fault on cyl. 3. Is the actual glow plug gonna be the problem? If I replace it should the fault clear? Guess I should replace all while i'm in there. Also, the glow plug coil will not go off when I turn the key on. If I crank it anyway and let it warm up it will go off as long as the engine is warm. thanks for any help

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
I would start by pulling codes again. Your problem may be in the GPCM (Glow Plug Control Module). There was a recall on the 06 LBZ's to have them reflashed with an update. Check with your dealer to see if this has been done. If it is just the glow plug, you can buy then from Oreilly's online for under $20.00 (AC Delco 51G). #3 cylinder is easy to do (2nd one back on the passenger side). I would consider doing them all on that side as you will be pulling the inner fender well off anyway. Soak them good with some PB Blaster first for a couple of hours. If you break one off, you will be pulling the head.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
I bought at orileys for 15.00 walk in , took around 5 minutes to do the whole job from start to finish like replacing a spark plug

·
Registered
29 Posts
there is no advantage to doing them all. i had the same thing happen to me cyl 6 glow plug was giving me a code about 1 year a go..I replaced the glow plug,and the code was gone..have not had another code since..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts