Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was told by the shop that my P0380 code was a sticking relay, I purchased a relay and when I removed the cover on the rear of the drive side valve cover I see 2 relays. ?? Do I need 2, can i troubleshoot to see which one is bad, or be safe and replace both ??
thanks all

·
Registered
619 Posts
Dont replace them untill you have them tested.Mine did the same thing & it was'nt the relays but a failure through the glow plugs.Check for a good ground from the relays.Thats what mine was.Take the cover off from them & take em out & take em to someone that can test them to see if there opening & closing.If they are opening & closing then its between there & the glow Plugs.Just one goes wrong & it'll throw a code.Can be corrosion on the connections to a burnt out glow plug.Be very carefull if you check the connections on the plugs,there is a very small nut on the tip of the plug & if corruded it'll break off with hardly no pressure at all.The heat from the manifold causes this.Sometimes the nuts are frooz on.Snap it off & there goes your glow plug.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts