Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the code P0643.Should I replace all of them now or can I replace one for now?
Thanks Bob

·
Registered
699 Posts
i been doing one at a time with no issues, seems to be around 15k miles from each other, there quick and easy and alot easier on the wallet at one at a time

·
Premium Member
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks man !That is the route I was looking at but local diesel shop was pushing me to get all 8. Thanks again

·
Registered
51 Posts
they are pretty easy to change i did my first one last night. cost 15.99 and was like changing a spark plug

·
Registered
360 Posts
Buy whole new set rock auto you can do one side
at a time may as well you have to remove inner fender liner any how and only takes 5min so why take fender liner twice. ROCK AUTO HAS THEM FOR ABOUT 16.00 ea pretty sure thats what i paid last year!

·
Registered
360 Posts
20.00 now:D

·
Registered
510 Posts
I had a thread on here where GM was doing a compression check on my truck for injector warranty (no idea why) but they broke a few of mine off in the heads.

they pulled the cab and replaced heads HAHA be careful

·
Premium Member
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I had a thread on here where GM was doing a compression check on my truck for injector warranty (no idea why) but they broke a few of mine off in the heads.

they pulled the cab and replaced heads HAHA be careful
Thanks for scaring me! It will be my first time changing one! I'm getting them from a local shop for $11.65 a piece.

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
Did all of mine about 6 months ago. #4 was a PITA, but the rest were easy. I got AC Delco 51G's from Oreilly's online for $14.99 each.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Thanks for scaring me! It will be my first time changing one! I'm getting them from a local shop for $11.65 a piece.
I believe that it was a freak thing though, dont be afraid...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts