Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read this the other day in the local paper. Searched it today to re-read it. Check out the link for a video. Anyone else hear anything...

It would be interesting
2010 Chevrolet Ram :rof

AUBURN HILLS, Mich. -- DaimlerChrysler AG's Chrysler Group and General Motors Corp. have held discussions for about six months about a possible alliance related to large sport utility vehicles, according to newspaper reports Friday.

The Wall Street Journal, citing people familiar with the matter that it didn't name, said the automakers had preliminary discussions to jointly develop a large SUV such as the Chevrolet Suburban, which Chrysler doesn't have in its lineup.

The New York Times, citing people with direct knowledge of the talks that it didn't name, said the companies are holding discussions about a project that would provide Chrysler with a version of the Chevrolet Tahoe large SUV.

GM and Chrysler also are looking at sharing small cars developed by GM Daewoo Auto & Technology, a unit of GM in South Korea that builds the Chevrolet Aveo compact car for GM, the Journal reported.

The automakers have declined to comment on reports of talks.

Chrysler already has alliances with GM, including one to develop gasoline-electric hybrid engine technology.

Last year, GM was in talks with Nissan Motor Co. and Renault SA on creating an automaking alliance, but those were called off in October. Those talks have nothing to do with the Chrysler talks, the Times reported.

DaimlerChrysler said Wednesday in announcing its restructuring that it was exploring all options for Chrysler, including strategic partners. DaimlerChrysler Chairman Dieter Zetsche would not rule out selling the troubled U.S. operation.

On Thursday, Chrysler Chief Executive Tom LaSorda told the Journal in an interview that he hopes uncertainty about whether Chrysler will remain part of the German automaker is resolved "sooner rather than later."

As part of the restructuring, Chrysler plans to eliminate 13,000 positions, including 11,000 production jobs and 2,000 white-collar posts, as it seeks to cut costs and return to profitability in 2008.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
wouldn't that be dumb for gm to let dodge in on the best diesel on the market,no offense dodge guys but your 5.9 is no more.just my two cents$$

·
Registered
21 Posts
wouldn't that be dumb for gm to let dodge in on the best diesel on the market,no offense dodge guys but your 5.9 is no more.just my two cents$$
How long has the cummins been around for?
that would be interesting,that after a few years of Duramax every other diesel was out of buisness...not likely.
D-max is a good one,cummins could be too,if they'd do things they're way instead of messing it up per dodge's directions...my truck could have been great,the idea works,but execution left something to be desired.
And hey after hundreds of dollars of upgrades to the fuel system mine seems like it might hold together for 6 months now :gearjamin

·
Registered
17 Posts
Maybe GM will let dodge use the allison and pump some of their technology into making the interior more user friendly! if they have any sense, they will leave the cummins in the dodge and add the good auto trans and let people choose which engine/truck style they like best, that way they don't really lose anything if somebody buys one truck or the other, if GM owns them both then GM makes money no matter which brand is bought as long as it isn't a ford or an import!!

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
How long has the cummins been around for?
that would be interesting,that after a few years of Duramax every other diesel was out of buisness...not likely.
D-max is a good one,cummins could be too,if they'd do things they're way instead of messing it up per dodge's directions...my truck could have been great,the idea works,but execution left something to be desired.
And hey after hundreds of dollars of upgrades to the fuel system mine seems like it might hold together for 6 months now :gearjamin
i agree the cummins is a very good engine or should i say the 5.9 cummins is good,i personlly think changeing engines is not such a good idea,with a new engine your bound to have new problems,i guess we'll see what happens with the new 6.7 cummins.:rolleyes:let say if gm forms an alliance with dodge that doesn't mean the cummins is part of the deal,cummins mite go with someone else meaning maybe ford:confused:ps i wasn't questioning the cummins diesel

1 - 6 of 6 Posts