Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My CEL light came on the other day and the code is for the turbo vane position sensor (P003a). So I am going to put the factory exhaust and DPF back on and remove the edge race and take it into the dealership. Does anyone know if the Tech 2 will be able to tell that there has been a programmer on the truck before?

·
Premium Member
9,706 Posts
Yes they sure will be able to tell. Just depends on if they care or not. And if they look deep enough (and know how) to find the right parameters that show it's been tuned. They might just read the code and toss a new part on, never know. But to answer your question, yes they can tell that you have had your truck tuned. Thats part of the game when you tune your truck, you have to do it knowing that you're most likely giving up your warranty. Crappy deal, but can't blame GM for it I guess.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I talked to the service manager and he said that they dont see alot of diesels in the shop so I hope I am in luck and they dont do alot of searching around.

·
Premium Member
9,706 Posts
That can be a good or bad thing. Yes hopefully they'll be a little on the ignorant side and not look, but hopefully it doesn't mean that they don't know how to work on them!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was just going to buy the sensor but I see that gm switched sensors and they are in the $500 range now instead of $200 so Im going to see if the dealer will cover it.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
i would try to do some research to see if you can find a reputible tech (that doesnt care about tuning) too do the service for you.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My bother inlaws older brother is a service manager at a shop so Im gonna call him and get his imput and see if I take it to him if he will oversee the process

·
Premium Member
9,706 Posts
Thats a good idea. Talk with him and ask him about it being tuned, and hopefully he can work it out for you so that they'll still honor your warranty, or at least overlook the tuning enough to fix this for you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts