Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, i have a 2006 duramax lbz. Mine is probably the only lbz with the old style "Duramax diesel" badge that i have seen.. or better yet heard. Is this just a ealry 06 lbz? or just custom ordered?
Luke

·
Premium Member
298 Posts
i have the old badge like you on my 06 but it is an lly. the 06 lly and lbz are the same engine. maybe you have the lly model? what is your 8th digit in your vin. if it is a 2=lly, D=lbz. i thought all lbz's had the newer badge.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Humm, checked the vin and the 8th digit is a 2 :( ive read the 06 lly is a lesser hp tune then the lbz. The truck has the 6 speed with the manual shift function, and the high idle and all the same stuff the lbz's have (brother has a lbz same with dad and a friend and I work on them all)

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
Get EFI and make it a true lbz. That's what I did or you can take it to a dealer

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Already got it :) Can some one here tell me with a identified 2006 lly tell me if it has the 6 speed tranny and manual shift option?

·
Registered
271 Posts
yup just reflash to lbz file, im running the 6698 flash on mine seems to run pretty decent, had the 6128 flash but didnt care for how it ran

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
They changed the badge in 07 cuz that was first year u couldnt get a manual trans.. So every duramax had an allison behind it.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using AutoGuide App

·
Banned
5,738 Posts
I had an 06 LBZ with Allison Dmax badge and I bought it in 05.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My dads, brothers and buddies all have the "allison duramax" badge, 2 are 06 lbz's and one is a 07 lbz, all with the six speed manual option. Thanks anyways guys! Soooo do i now have to change my sig to lly? haha

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have a 2004.5 Duramax LLY with Allison 1000. my decal on the driver door only says Duramax Diesel. it doesnt have the allison part after. is that normal, or is that what yall are talking about?

·
Registered
107 Posts
no, what you have is a normal badge. they started putting allison/duramax on the badge because the 6 sp manual was no longer an option. So, the only combo, starting 2006.5 was the allison/duramax.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts