Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I know some are asking what the hell a 253 is especially those from the younger crowd.

It is a 1957 1 ton with a 270 6 cylinder/4 spd and a single speed rear. It has an original 22K on it and all numbers match. Original paint, seat cover but I recently had to replace the original floor mat. Still has the factory marks on the cowl under the hood. It came out of Enning S.D. vol. fire dept. and original owner was the Quaker State oil distributor in that area. I would hazard a guess that the reason it is still so nice for a 63 year old truck is because of the fire dept. When they get bored they polish, lube, and clean vehicles.
This isn't a garage queen-- it gets driven pretty regular and we occasionally use it to haul hay to cows.
Now for the question: I really don't want to run a straight 30 wt. in it so was thinking about Rotella T6 15W-40 like I have in the 5 diesels and the Kohler welder. Anybody have an opinion or wisdom? I figure someone out there is into old trucks and cars. This is my last old vehicle to own-- sold my 3 50's PW's,53 Chevy COE, 47 Dodge COE, and a 46 Dodge WF32.

·
Registered
119 Posts
No one better answer you until you post some pics up!!! Sounds like an awesome truck!

·
Registered
712 Posts
I seriously doubt it would hurt anything. I’ve been running 15/40 Delo in both my jeeps for a couple years, AMC 304 and a 2.5L 4 banger. Hasn’t hurt them yet.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts