Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if anyone has had their OEM flares painted? If so how much was it roughly? I’m more interested in the smooth paintable flares from GM but I can’t get a good answer if the HD flares are the same as 1/2 ton flares or not? If someone has the part numbers, please share.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I did 4" Bushwacker smooth. They turned out awesome. $400 and I painted them myself. $700ish I think color matched. Will add a PIC when I can.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm looking for the OEM flares. I've seen them on a couple trucks on here and on social media. Still interested in a pic of yours tho!

·
Registered
66 Posts

·
Registered
995 Posts
The smooth flairs look so much better to me than Pocket flairs, Nice truck Jetpig!
I painted a set of OEM flairs and they did not hold up , rocks and sand took them out in a year, I got a set of factory painted ones and they held up very well, I have a pair of white ones for the rear of a 15-19 single wheel but I don't know if they can be bought separately , they are pretty high but factory paint is the only way to go for the OEM ones.

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
Hey did you guys put any 3m protectant or clean vinyl on the truck where the rubber trim of the flare touches it to help protect the paint.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Wondering if anyone has had their OEM flares painted? If so how much was it roughly? I’m more interested in the smooth paintable flares from GM but I can’t get a good answer if the HD flares are the same as 1/2 ton flares or not? If someone has the part numbers, please share.
I bought mine from a Chevy dealer and they match exactly the color of the truck 8 years later they still look perfect with zero problems. I did install them myself as this is the kind of thing you have to get right the first time and the guys at the dealers are not very careful.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts