Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

· Registered
4,964 Posts
i hope i bust in to the 14s this year thats if trans gets built no way im dragin on the stock trans anymore it cant take it on the street let alone the strip

· Premium Member
11,168 Posts
Those are some good times for the lift and 37s. What is your elevation there?? I could not seem to break into the 14s last year. I hit a 15 flat on my best time. I think the 3600 ft elevation was killing me. I am hoping for 14s this year with the EFI and a good stout tune.

· Registered
3,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Evelation is around 600 feet I believe or a little under I am pretty sure I can get a easy 14.5 if I calm down on the start and launch it hard. I was trying not to push it to hard off the line.

· Registered
2,120 Posts
Wow makes me wonder what my LLY would do with the 265's Nice times bud!!! How much boost were you giving her to get to the 14's???

· Registered
1,021 Posts
damn i cant wait to run my truck this yr! good times!

· Registered
30 Posts
Keep at it guys, make one improvement at a time so that you can tell what works best for your truck. Racing technique has a lot to do with your overall performance. With exhaust, air intake and good tuning, you can put most of these trucks in the low 13's, some 12's. Stock aluminums, 265's, HD tierods, clamp the front half of your rear springs, tow/haul mode, boosted launch in 4wd. If youre just looking for a good time, dont stress about cutting a good light, at least in the begining. Let the trans shift itself. It may take a few runs for the trans to "learn" what youre up to. You will surprise a lot of people.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.