Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I‘m thinking of trading in my 16’ 2500 gasser and going back to a diesel. I switched because I wanted the newer body style with all the bells and whistles, and planned to get out of towing. Well now I’m getting back into towing but those newer 2500s are $$$$$. I loved my lbz and lmm, anyone switch back and forth?

·
Registered
512 Posts
I have not, but my very good friend tried to do the same thing you are talking about. He had an older Powerstroke and traded it in toward a 2017 6.0L. Took delivery on a Thursday, left for the weekend to go camping on Friday, then returned the truck on Monday because he hated towing with it and got the L5P instead. Your mileage may vary, but from my experience once you've towed a few times with a diesel it becomes much less desirable to tow with a gasser. I was looking to switch to a 6.0L recently and went with the L5P instead. I just don't want to not enjoy pulling our 13k lb camper.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
If you choose to tow a very heavy trailer than a diesel becomes part of the price for doing so. I sold my camper and my boat and so my next truck will be a 1500 with a gas V-6. I still want the large fuel tank and the range it provides so that means having to buy a Ford, Ram, or Toyota pickup.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts