Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Legennn... wait for it...
1,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess I can thank the railroad for this one, since they, in their ultimate wisdom, decided to let us run all the way across the line up to the last point we could possibly stop before getting home, and park us there so that track work could get done, and we'd run out of hours of service. The van that came to pick us up drove us right past the GM dealer in town...

... and right past a burgundy (or is it maroon?) 2005 Chevrolet 2500HD 4x4.

So, I had to stop in for a looksee. It's got about every option I could think of, and then some. Leather heated power buckets up front, 6-disc with XM (3 months free if I buy it), steering wheel controls, OnStar (disabled thankfully) A SUNROOF and a programmable garage door opener (who knew they put those in trucks?). Test driving it was simply awesome. Absolutely effortless acceleration - it blew the ol' 6.5 out of the water, and felt much better than my LB7... so, in about a half hour I'm going to go see what I can rustle up for it.

And to think, I was going to spend my day driving over to Lincoln to buy another 6.5 straight up...

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
sounds like a nice truck id go for it if the price is right

·
Premium Member
3,048 Posts
After driving that ole 6.5 for so long I bet that 05 felt like a rocket

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Ah the good ol 6.5s. Well the LLY will be a nice change:)

·
Stock again...
2,191 Posts
Nice find man! Its rare to pick up an LLY with a sunroof. Mines loaded but I am lacking the roof and the garage door openers (im jealous!) Good luck with the bank! If it felt good like that wait till you get a tune in it..

·
Registered
437 Posts
Nice find man! Its rare to pick up an LLY with a sunroof. Mines loaded but I am lacking the roof and the garage door openers (im jealous!) Good luck with the bank! If it felt good like that wait till you get a tune in it..
For Sure.

·
1,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No deal. Bank said yes, dealership didn't want to work with me... Didn't want to come down to what I wanted to spend, or wouldn't accept reasonable updates (like the new tires it needed) for the price they wanted.

So..... back to square one. At least I know the bank will take me at a decent interest rate, so that's a plus coming off a bankruptcy a few years back

·
Registered
319 Posts
Well since you're probably not getting it, what did they want for it out of curiosity? How many miles?

·
1,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
$23,995 with 103K miles

·
1,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I know it's a good deal on the truck, and we were just about where I wanted to be when they became inflexible. It's like I told my wife when I came home without it... I know what it's like to have the perfect truck (my 2003 GMC) but be making high payments on it ($471/month due to a less-than-favorable credit score and no down payment), then have the rug pulled out from you (job lost due to economy, and nothing paying that well in this small town) and being forced to sell it, as well as crack into retirement savings in order to cover how upside-down you are, and you have no money to continue making payments... Sure I've got an awesome job now that pays really well, but the winter slowdown is coming, and I'm not all too certain I have enough seniority to avoid the furlough board for a month or three...

I would've been more than happy if he would've come down a smidge more because I also don't want to crack more out of my own spending account to get the finance amount where I want it...

·
1,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
had a deal fall in my lap... put down an earnest deposit on another 6.5, but this one in much better shape than my '95, at about the same price it would've cost me to fix the wrecked one...

... more to come

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Stock again...
2,191 Posts
Damn.. Thats crazy because I'd probably only ask $24k for mine if I were gonna sell it lol. Maybe I need to inflate that number and start searching for an lmm if these lly's are really moving for those prices. I mean shit theres $13k+ into mine lol

·
1,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Bummer you couldnt make a deal. Does seem a little high. Id say 21-22 would be decent :D
And when I told them I was walking out the door, they said they would take $21K cash... My loan approval plus a little out of pocket would've solved that

But...

Throughout the whole process (as well as on the hour long drive up there) the only thing flashing through my mind was what happened a couple years ago, where I had a truck I absolutely loved (my '03 GMC), lost my job and had to crack open my retirement savings to cover the loan and sell it off because the payments were eating away at what savings I had to rely on while I was looking for another job in a crap economy. When it all came down to it, I couldn't bring myself to possibly set myself up for that failure again. Sure I'm making more money now, but I'm still far enough down the ladder that when coal traffic slows for the winter, I could see being furloughed for a few months

1 - 18 of 18 Posts