Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey Guys

I would like to share two pictures of my truck heading out on a camping trip. A few months back Phillip51 asked to see a picture of the rig all together. I use a SuperGuild 20K by Pullrite in the bed for the 5th wheel. The two pictures are of how we carry our two kayaks...

The truck pulls the camper perfectly. The BOX Frame makes the ride so much better particularly when passing over the bumpy overpass bridges at 70 mph. Rock Solid!

camping.jpg

camping1.jpg

Cheers...

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Hell yeah looks like a fun weekend rig for sure :thumb

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
NeverPleased, We have taken the rig to Knob Noster State Park just down the road from you! My dad lives in the area. Small world for sure!

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Haha really? It is! Next time you're in the area or coming through you should give me a shout! :drink

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hey Guy

I use a SuperGuild 20K by Pullrite in the bed for the 5th wheel.
The truck pulls the camper perfectly. The BOX Frame makes the ride so much better particularly when passing over the bumpy overpass bridges at 70 mph. Rock Solid!

I notice that you have a SB. Do you have good clearance when turning sharp. One of the reasons I was opting for the LB was just in case I wanted to go to a fifth wheel. Right now I have a 30' TT and the LB is pretty long. Do you wish you would have gotten the LB with the 5th wheel. Just curious. Heyyaa

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Listed below is a picture of the SuperGlide. It has two tubes that this hitch rides on. As you make a sharp turn, the plate rotates and moves to the back providing the need clearance. You can turn well past the 90 degrees. I believe Pullrite has discontinued this model and they have a new model that works in the same way.

They have some information on the Pullrite website:
PullRite has a SAFER, STRONGER, BETTER designed hitch for you

I hope this helps!

hitch.jpg

·
Registered
15 Posts
Listed below is a picture of the SuperGlide. It has two tubes that this hitch rides on. As you make a sharp turn, the plate rotates and moves to the back providing the need clearance. You can turn well past the 90 degrees. I believe Pullrite has discontinued this model and they have a new model that works in the same way.

Thank you for the information. Looks like a good setup. I never had a fifth wheel and didn't know about these type of hitches. So, I guess it's pretty much your preference on the SB vs LB then. Seems a lot of people are getting the SB. My last truck had the LB in the Dodge and was nice when I needed it for hauling stuff. With the CC it is long, but only by 18". I might just stick with my plans. I would hate to get the SB and then wish I got the LB. Always decisions to make. Again, thank you for the information. Very interesting.:thumb

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Glad to do it! You made the right choice in a Truck! You will be amazed at the difference! Welcome Aboard!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts