Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
6,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Meeting a guy from craigslist to pick up my Greddy BOV today after work for $75. Gonna find some copper tube and a couple fittings and see what i can do. I'll keep yall posted

got a few pics of the the things i need
Greddy BOV

1/4'' copper tube

1/4'' plastic tube

manifold to copper tube fitting and copper tube to plastic tube fitting.

·
Its just a worktruck
13,908 Posts
You gonna run it off of drive pressure?

·
Registered
6,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that's the plan. Gonna try it with the spring in there first, and if that wont let it blow off the lower psi then im gonna see how it works with just the drive pressure holding the valve closed.

·
Its just a worktruck
13,908 Posts
Awesome. Looking forward to the results.

·
Registered
6,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
me too. i have to mount it on the cold side pipe, so i hope it still functions and does what its supposed to do. i'll keep this thread posted

·
Premium Member
2,722 Posts
nice. should be a good setup if you can get it to work right.

·
Registered
6,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
a BOV setup that works properly for under $100 will make me a happy guy. Might even present a business opportunity to a family friend and see if he would like to make BOV setups to sell. i'll try hard to get some pics or something

·
Premium Member
2,722 Posts
that would definitely be something to start selling if you could. $100 is way more appealing than $600 or whatever it is for the BD one.

·
Its just a worktruck
13,908 Posts
If this goes as planned I cant wait to put some obnoxious Tial on there.

·
Registered
6,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
haha chris, wanna rice the BOV a bit? I just hope this ricer Greddy BOV can flow enough air to let 50psi escape fast enough.

·
Registered
6,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i need ideas on a filter to put on the drive pressure line between the manifold and the BOV....ideas??

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
I've always wondered if they would let off enough air to sound a good air horn? It'd probably get annoying to honk every time you let off..

·
Registered
568 Posts
I would be interested in one once you figure out if you would be willing to sell one.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
in to no how it works

1 - 20 of 38 Posts