Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gents (and ladies), I am looking to buy my first diesel. Looking at a 2008 GMC 2500 SLT Crew Cab, 35,500 miles, loaded without nav or roof. $35k. Truck has an AFE box, had a bully dog programmer (still with the deal), H2 wheels. Allegedly, clean carfax. Going to look at it this week...market tells me it could be a good buy, haven't spent coin like this in a while.

Thanks for your help.

Hoping to join the club soon.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
296 Posts
sounds pretty good my buddy bought a 2007.5 gmc dmax with 35000 miles and he paid like $36000 his has all leather and shit, just check to see if guys were having any problems with the bully dog on there truck such as head gasket and etc. I would just read on here about things to look for on that model and if it all checks out it sounds like a good deal. WELCOME TO THE DURAMAX WORLD!!!!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Seems like a decent deal. I recently bought a one owner gmc 2500 sle(not too many options with 90k from Wyoming (no rust, very clean and all stock) for 21k. It's a cclb and had newer all terrain tires. I love it, put about 1500 worth of exhaust, EFI live, insight, etc and couldn't be happier. I'd recommend the lmm's for sure.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
352 Posts
I bought my 08 LMM crew LTZ with 15,000 miles on it October 2011, after 6"lift, rims, 35s, roll bar with lights n edge was $44k - seems like price of pickups have gone up since then.. Tough to find killer deals but that one sounds like its in the ball park range.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the input...

So,
A 2008 SLT 2500 crew cab, loaded, with AFE/Bully dog/H2 wheels,light tan over black leather
34k miles - $34.5k
vs
2011 SLE 3500 SRW crew cab with leather, stock, 50k, "slate" grey over black leather
miles - $36k

Haven't put eyes on either of these yet.

·
Banned
1,104 Posts
If you tow heavy get the LML (higher tow rating), if not the LMM would suffice (still a towing beast), plus you can do the deletes whereas its getting harder to do so with the new trucks.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I paid 33K for my 08 CC dually a few weeks ago. Had 54500 miles when I test drove it. 2 wd. 2wd is hard to find in a cc dually, lol.

·
Registered
292 Posts
dang reading these reminds me of the deal I negotiated long and hard for...

second owner purchase Oct. 2011, 2008 Victory Red CCSB 2WD LTZ with 22k miles, truck originally entered into service June 2009, sun roof, slider rear window, navigation, spray-in bedliner, grill insert.

I shopped it for about 12months and Prices in the Texas gulf coast seem pretty good.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The 08 had a bully dog on it, still included with the sale.
Anyone have any idea why someone may remove the "programmer"?
I intend on asking the current owner, but I think it was taken off by the guy that had it first and bought the bully dog.

The truck has an afe box, but stock exhaust.

Thanks

·
Banned
1,104 Posts
The programmer is not original equipment. And anyone with half a brain would remove a bully dog, unless they drive a dodge.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I know it is not original equipment, I guess what I intended to ask is, is it possible or likely that the bully dog caused an issue and if so, should I be concerned. Or does removing it solve the potential issue. Sorry I'm so vague...

I plan on using the efi live program when I do find a truck.

·
Registered
266 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
I would get the 2011 truck better deal for a more stout truck.
Bully Dog and LMM trucks have problems based on comments based on forums that I read.
I do not have any personal knowledge as my truck is a stock LMM and love it.
No major problems with mine.
Go see and carfax and mechanic check.
Think then
Buy.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks...went to look at it, no good.
It needed 4 tires, ext wasn't exactly in great shape, it MAY have had issues with the bully dog...the undercarriage was dirty to the point that you could barely tell the difference between the rust and the dirt. I was disappointed and for the money, I couldn't see even bringing it to have it looked at.
The search continues.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts