Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm browsing for my first Duramax and came across this one.
what do you guys think?

I am going to go look at it either tomorrow or Tues. and will snap some more pics and get some more info on it.

2003 CHEVY DURAMAX 3500 CREW 4X4

Any thoughts would be great.

Also if I get it, could I switch out the mirrors for a different style?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Make sure it has had the injectors done. If not price seems a little on the high side. Duallys do not seem to bring as much money as the non ones.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeh I was thinking if the injectors had not been done I will probably pass

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Yeh I was thinking if the injectors had not been done I will probably pass
If they have been then it does look like a good deal. I would spend the time to check. It just sucks cause if they dont you have to put 3000 on reserve for when they do fail.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If they haven't been done I may just offer them less and explain why..I doubt they will take an offer of 4k less but it's worth a shot. Plus I will be trading in my ranger so mabey it will work out

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
i see a lot of guys on here who don't have an lb7 criticize lb7s. don't let someone who bought a truck with a dpf scare you away from an lb7. i would try to find someone in your area check the balance rates...this will help you negotiate with the guy if you have "real" data to show him if they happen to be bad

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
i see a lot of guys on here who don't have an lb7 criticize lb7s. don't let someone who bought a truck with a dpf scare you away from an lb7. i would try to find someone in your area check the balance rates...this will help you negotiate with the guy if you have "real" data to show him if they happen to be bad
Listen here ass monkey. My last truck was a 03 lb7 so I know what the hell I am talking about. I dont want to see the op buy a truck then have to turn around and do injectors. The truck he is looking at is getting into range where there common to go out.

Btw just cause all you can afford on your walmart salary is a lb7 dont talk chit. My efi, exhaut, transgo, airdog and cts is on its way so bye bye dpf.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
i have two lb7s so I know what i'm talking about. the problem with dumbasses like you is you can't even read a signature. i wasn't trying to be a dick but since you are you can go F yourself. i was trying to give this guy advice from someone who actually owns an lb7. if you get that butt hurt by what some random dude on the internet says maybe you should go play somewhere else. my house, my two trucks, and my wife's 2011 acadia denali are all paid for. people like you who live outside their means are why this country doesn't seem to careif we owe 14 trillion dollars to the god damn chinese.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
i have two lb7s so I know what i'm talking about. the problem with dumbasses like you is you can't even read a signature. i wasn't trying to be a dick but since you are you can go F yourself. i was trying to give this guy advice from someone who actually owns an lb7. if you get that butt hurt by what some random dude on the internet says maybe you should go play somewhere else. my house, my two trucks, and my wife's 2011 acadia denali are all paid for. people like you who live outside their means are why this country doesn't seem to careif we owe 14 trillion dollars to the god damn chinese.
You wasnt trying to be a dick? I am not butt hurt. I just dont like punks like you talking chit without knowing what I have had cause its not in my signature. If you own 2 lb7s you should know that the injectors are a time bomb and the stocker do not even have the updated internals. I sold mine for a reason. 220000 miles and its been threw 2 sets and had couple more sitting at 3.79. Mine is already almost paid for. I could damn near have everything you have for what I paid for my truck. Or is your house a double wide cause then you might have me beat. :neener

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
calm down dude i seriously wasn't trying to be a dick.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I am going to look at the truck none the less. If the injectors have not been done I'll just try to talk him down the worth of the injectors...if he dosent come down mabey I'll have to walk it all depends

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
uhhhh minus the pissing match that is going on the thread, i'd just like to let the OP know that the $15795 asking price is fairly high imo, especially with that kind of mileage.

·
Registered
99 Posts
The injectors are gonna fail. Its alot of truck for the money. Always better than a ranger. I would love to have a newer lower mile rig but its beyond my budget. I sold my big block ford that I had for eleven years and I will never go back.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
lol no too big for me. pic was from my wedding in 08, we passed it around to "join" the families. this will all be settled when nebraska and illinois meet up for the first time now that we are in the same conference lol. prob have to wait til basketball season

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
lol no too big for me. pic was from my wedding in 08, we passed it around to "join" the families. this will all be settled when nebraska and illinois meet up for the first time now that we are in the same conference lol. prob have to wait til basketball season
I have saw a lot of people puke attempting the boot. Its evil. I am from Illinois so I like them both.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
I am going to look at the truck none the less. If the injectors have not been done I'll just try to talk him down the worth of the injectors...if he dosent come down mabey I'll have to walk it all depends
as long as you know the problem areas going in you should be good. most factory injectors didn't make it past 130-140K so chances are they have been done already. try to get the vin and have it checked. post up a thread on here for someone in your area to check the balance rates for you...i would trust someone on here before the word of a used car salesman. definitly be ready to walk if he won't budge on price, he might be a little high

I have saw a lot of people puke attempting the boot. Its evil. I am from Illinois so I like them both.
where from in IL?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts