Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
another LB7 injector problem... of course.
I have one injector out, and one other getting close. hazing at idle etc...

I have not done the DIY injector cleaning method yet and I WILL DO IT BEFORE BUYING INJECTORS
http://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/how-tos-diy-write-ups/83493-how-diy-injector-cleaning.html

i was just browsing around the forum looking at injector prices incase i have to buy new injectors.
came across this deal from DMAX store. comes with injectors, ADII 165 and a few other things. seems to be a pretty damn good deal for the money.
wondering if anyone knows anything about the quality of these injectors? i know nothing about what injectors are good. :cookoo[1]:
LB7 Ultimate Injector Replacment package [Ultimateinjector] - $2,762.84 : DMAXSTORE.COM, Your Duramax Diesel-Only Shopping Resource

I know I will be getting a lift pump later down the road, bc i want to build the tranny next summer/fall. so this deal stood out to me.

·
Registered
4,421 Posts
That kit isnt too bad. But you can find OEM Bosch replacements for $1800 and an Air dog II 165 for $630 Fuel Filter 50$. Roughly $2480. Now if you have to replace the rubber vavle cover gaskets, the kit probably pays for itself. I planned on it until I called GM and they were $80 a side or something insane I forget the exact price. You should be able to re use the seals, guys have re used them 3-4 times before.

Either way...get OEM Bosch replacements, Socal Diesel remans, and or industrial injections injectors. I paid 2100 for 8 from Guy Tripp @ Socal(Everyone says hes the best). I wouldnt buy the kit, but thats just my .02 cents.

Products - Lincoln Diesel Specialties

^^^ OEM Bosch replacements for 1800. Theres more then a few that have baught from him and have had no issues. Hope this helps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts