Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I almost never do this, but I've finally given up on working on my own truck. I simply dont have the time to keep messing with it in hopes of fixing it myself. So far that tactic has cost me a fair bit of money, and 8 months of use which is much more costly. I can make more money doing the work I'm good at than I can save by figuring this out myself, so it's time to pay up.

I'm looking for a good honest shop that knows Duramax engines. North County would be nice (I'm in Escondido). Cost is always a factor, but for me I'd rather pay more once and have it fixed for good. If I have to I'll take it as far as Orange county or Riverside, as I do have the 200 mile AAA towing, but of course closer is better.

·
Registered
118 Posts
What do you need Done???

·
USMC
795 Posts
Like he said, what are you looking to get done?
I love to turn a wrench. I've been a diesel tech in the Marines for ten years but these trucks are a little more advanced than a HMMWV.
I work for beer and who knows, maybe a few Dmax guys can get together and fix your rig. Great way to gain more info on these trucks.
I live on base up near San Clemente and have my parents house and a butt load of tools in Vista.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's leaking fuel into the crank case after replacing a bad injector. I've had it apart at least 5 times now and I'm sick of it and dont have the time to mess with it anymore. Quite past the point of even wanting to look at it anymore. I just wanna hand it to someone, hand them some money and have it come back fixed.

·
USMC
795 Posts
Im in. Im guessing its a LB7. I have never done this before but after the things ive read on here its not too bad and iv done more complicated work. Thing is I will have to knock it out on a weekend. PM me if you want some help.

·
Registered
389 Posts
San Diego, German. Meaning whales vagina

·
I'm That Guy...
16,689 Posts
Lots of forum members I'd talk to, hopefully someone posts up soon.

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
hey, I'm a diesel mechanic for the Marine Corp, if you need some assistance I will help as much as I can..

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I appreciate the offers for help, but like I said I'm simply not interested in working on it anymore. Just looking for a shop that knows what they are doing.

I build custom off-road vehicles for a living, and if I applied my hourly rate to the time I've wasted on my personal truck I'm about $4000 down right now. I'd rather cut my losses, pay someone else to fix it, and get back to actually making money rather than losing it.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I guess I am going to dig this topic back up. But I would prefer a DIY helper. I am going to need to replace my injectors when I get back from deployment.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts