Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks! Any of Yall know of a good shop in the Galveston county, Texas area that a man could get his dmax serviced without worrying too much? I hear horror stories about oil/fuel/tranny and filter changes gone bad all cause a shop is not diesel friendly. I normally do all this myself, but shift work takes a bunch of my time, and I'd rather spend those hours with my little girl instead of under my truck. For the time being at least, until she gets older and realizes I'm not cool! (My experiences with dealerships has been bad at best FYI). Thanks folks!

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
I'd go to a GM dealer long before I took a truck to a place like Jiffy Lube, etc.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's probably what I'll have to start doing. But......if anyone knows of a small shop "where everybody knows your name" in the area, give me a shout! Yall be safe out there!

·
Premium Member
26,484 Posts
....I hear horror stories about oil/fuel/tranny and filter changes gone bad all cause a shop is not diesel friendly. I normally do all this myself, but shift work takes a bunch of my time, and I'd rather spend those hours with my little girl instead of under my truck.....
I don't know about 'Hours' for an oil change, but there's Many a Dad that have shared Minor Service on their truck as 'Special' time with their Daughters. :farmer

And, I've never known of such a relationship not instilling an inner Confidence as she becomes a Woman. You will always be the 'Cool' Dad that taught her the Hands-On basics, and the feeling of pride in achieving a task/job well done. humpin:

·
Registered
16,262 Posts
If you do take it to a local lube shop, at least bring your own fluid & filters. That way (hopefully) they use the right stuff.

·
Registered
644 Posts
only place i know is hot rod diesels on hyw 6 in hitchcock, my friend took his dmax there for the trango jr and batmowheel with fluid changes. I do all my work myself at home so i know it gets done right with the right fluids.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts