Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought our first travel trailer just over a week ago. Its a 29' trailer and weighs just over 6500lbs. This week I took the wife and kids camping for spring break. This is the first heavy load I have hauled since purchasing the truck back in October. Sitting at the campsite I looked at the hitch with the trailer on it and thought it looked as if the hitch was at an angle. Come to find out it was! The previous owner installed a ranch hand bumper and removed the 4 rear bolts to the factory receiver hitch. I hauled that trailer around with just 4 bolts holding on for dear life. I immediately went and purchased new grade 8 bolts and remedied the situation. Just goes to show you that when buying a used truck it doesn't hurt to look over everything!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
485 Posts
Pretty lucky. Glad you caught it before something horrible happened. Nice fire truck too. We have several gladiator chassis trucks. Detroit 60 515hp and Cat C-13 525hp.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
The stupidity of some people (the previous owner, in this case) never ceases to amaze me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts