Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I bought a 363 for my duramax yesterday, Oh I can't wait to have a charger that goes with the foot!:thumb:thumb But my question is what all do I need to install in? I know a s300 turbo install kit & what else.....

Thanks in Advance Jacob

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Who's install kit are you going to buy?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Anyone else ditch the vgts? I know there people out there that have dun it before me

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
That's not the kit you want. You'd still have to buy intake, pedestal, downpipe, etc. Look on SDP, WC Fab, HSP for a s300 install kit. Those are the one's you need. Fleece probably makes one also but the one in your link isn't what you need. Probably gonna run you $1500-$2000 for the kits with everything. Also need EFI live tunes if you don't have already

S300 Install Kit

Wehrli Custom Fabrication - S300 kits

SDP S400 - GT42 install kit with or w/o turbo LBZ-LMM - Screamin Diesel Performance

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So do one of this kits come with everything to delete the vanes and everything or when I pull the turbo all that goes with it?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If I'm gonna spend all that money on a install kit I might as well just wait and buy my s480 and get HSPs twin kit for it. Rather not spend the money twice

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
That's your call. Good luck either way.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Why so small? a 63mm isn't going to do much good if you want to race it. I had a HTT66mm on my LBZ and single form it made 621hp

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Like said above, go with SDP, HSP, or Wherli. Why are you going with such a small turbo?

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
If I'm gonna spend all that money on a install kit I might as well just wait and buy my s480 and get HSPs twin kit for it. Rather not spend the money twice
That's what I'm going to do! I ordered a full 3 inch y bridge, intercooler tube and lb7 up-pipe so that it will break the cost up for me when I get the rest of my hsp twin kit.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I'm also curious as to why your going with such a small turbo? Will there be much gain over stock?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
S363 is bigger than the stocker. That's what I've seen at least

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArthurEdition View Post
That's what I'm going to do! I ordered a full 3 inch y bridge, intercooler tube and lb7 up-pipe so that it will break the cost up for me when I get the rest of my hsp twin kit.

Will you be running a s363 or are you going different route?

·
Registered
1,326 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So is there any difference in the s363 and stocker? This s363 has .88 exhaust and billet both sided

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Why so small? a 63mm isn't going to do much good if you want to race it. I had a HTT66mm on my LBZ and single form it made 621hp
What's the size difference between is and the stocker

·
Registered
4,585 Posts

Well the LLY turbo is 63.x and the LBZ is almost 61 IIRC so your not picking up much, there's a lot of better options

·
Registered
6,294 Posts
S363 is bigger than the stocker. That's what I've seen at least

So is there any difference in the s363 and stocker? This s363 has .88 exhaust and billet both sided

Not to sound like an ass but it seems like you really jumped the gun on a turbo and now your starting to learn. Seems like you have a lot of research and hands on experience to do before you drop double the price of a 300 series turbo on HSPs kit.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts