Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have instructions for a una-goose hitch. I bought it with no instructions. It is for a 99-06 GMC. I'd appreciate any help i can get.

·
Hi, I'm Earth. Have we met?
3,162 Posts
Sorry, I cant help ya with that, If it were a B&W i could fix ya right up. Maybe try hitting uni goose up im sure they would send them to ya if you didnt receive them with it new or used!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Hey hit me up i know a guy who put that same ball in his truck...He's a little funny if you know what I mean but i'll see if i can get them.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ban on una-goose hitch

Note to anyone buying a new gooseneck hitch,don't buy a una-goose. LBZFarmtruck and i put mine on last night. After about three hours we finally got it. you have to move brake lines cut a big chunk out of the heat shield.Not to mention you have to bend your exhaust hangers since the exhaust smacks the hitch. what a JOKE!:mad:

·
Hi, I'm Earth. Have we met?
3,162 Posts
Well im blad you guys got it put in!

With the b&w hitches you have to cut the center peice out of the heat shield also, but you dont hve to do anything with the exhaust. The instructions tell you to pop the hangers out of the rubber untill your done. it makes it easier but you dont hve to if you really dont want to. they usually take me about 1 to 1.5 hrs to install, but then again i have done a few!

·
Registered
134 Posts
I tried to tell him to get a B&W but he got that stupid pile of Sh*t. My b&w didn't take long at all. I'd recomend it to a blind guy.

·
Registered
7 Posts
B&W will install in 2 hours or less... and that was my first gooseneck hitch I've ever installed and with no help. Hooked it up to a two horse trailer the next day and we all made it home safely.... and the hitch performed OUTSTANDING! I will recommend this to anyone looking for a hitch.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Installing a hitch in an automobile may sometimes require temporary repositioning of the exhaust system. There are also cases in which the bumper or its mounts have to be removed before the equipment can be fixed into place. Larger automobiles have pre-existing holes for installing equipment such as this one. When there are none, owners can drill a hole on the frame using the part's mounting holes as guides. For best results, use the reinforcement plates included in the package. Doing this helps strengthen the part, as well as spread the load across the frame edges.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts