Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a thing you can drop in the gooseneck hole for a fifthwheel ?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
503 Posts
If you have a B&W hitch they have a 5th wheel adapter. Stay far far away from the ones that mount to the 5th wheel hitch to be used with a goose neck hitch.

·
I'm That Guy...
16,690 Posts
Be careful with these, I hear some will void trailer warranties and have issues with how the weight is distributed.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So what's the best way to do it? Just put a coupler on the camper that will attach to my my ball?

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Idk which one I have either it's pops up and down and is round they don't say any names on frame or nothing

·
Registered
12,050 Posts
If you have a B&W hitch they have a 5th wheel adapter. Stay far far away from the ones that mount to the 5th wheel hitch to be used with a goose neck hitch.

do you mean the ones that have the gooseneck ball that attach to the 5th wheel rails in the bed?

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't have a b&w

·
I'm That Guy...
16,690 Posts
So what's the best way to do it? Just put a coupler on the camper that will attach to my my ball?

What DanCarter suggested might be a viable option. I would put a 5th wheel hit in my bed for a 5th wheel trailer.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm not putting a fifthwheel hitch in there takes up too much room. What's the best way to do it other then thay

·
Registered
12,050 Posts
I'm not putting a fifthwheel hitch in there takes up too much room. What's the best way to do it other then thay

the hitch can come out. then all thats left is two little rails in there

·
I'm That Guy...
16,690 Posts

Buy a Gooseneck trailer?

Put a 5th wheel hitch in that can be removed?

·
Registered
503 Posts
The ones that attach to the camper are bad bad. I've seen many that buckle bend and break. Most void the campers warranty and will be expensive to fix when it breaks something. The 5th wheel hitch is not strong enough to withstand the forces placed on them from the 2 foot adapter. It's like holding on to the end of a wooden pencil and trying to push your tv with it. It will break.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Will the high rise not work? So I don't have the things in my bed

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
503 Posts
The first one is like the B&W hitch. I would feel safe with it. The second one is the same principle as the ones I would stay far away from. It will damage your trailer eventually.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That's the one I want can you please help me figure out which gooseneck brand I have? It don't say anything on rails at all

Attachments

·
Premium Member
26,485 Posts
The frame pieces under the bed for the GN hitch will usually interfere with the rail mounts for a 5er hitch…they don’t fit well together.

Option 1…pull the existing GN hitch, put it F/S on C/L, purchase and install the B&W GN/5er companion hitch setup. (co$tly)

Option 2…rare chance of finding a 5er hitch mount that will fit with the existing GN hitch.

Option 3…GN adapter for the 5er’s pin box.
This method applies excessive twist/flex to the RV’s forward frame, which can cause the sides to de-laminate in the step-up area and/or inner frame damage forward. Many users have reported no problems in using them, but most Mfrs will void their warranty if one is used. However, there are a few models that are built to run with either…but that’s a short list. Best case scenario, not much happens (with a smaller trailer)…Worse case scenario, the frame shears, falls, and crushes the bed rails on your truck. (Can you say Lippert?)

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
With the high rise nit work on my existing one?

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
And my fifth wheel is 35ft with 2 slides weighs around 10k here's a pic

Attachments

1 - 20 of 61 Posts