Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can anybody post up some pictures of there gooseneck trailers and lifted truck. i want to get a trailer but i dont no if it will be ok behind my truck or be on a slant while hooked up my truck is as listed in my sig, and thanks for the pics

·
Registered
760 Posts
That is alot of lift my friend. Gn trailers typically come with some available adjustment in the neck of trailer but, I don't know that there would be enough for your truck.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
anybody have pics

·
Waldo
788 Posts
Look at a Big Tex trailer. The trailer we bought this week has 16" of adjustment on the neck.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i will check it out thanks

·
Registered
681 Posts
I've got a gooseneck that I haul with a lot and it looks like there is more than enough adjustment. I want to do a 4" lift eventually but I don't know if it would be a good idea or not since I tow consistently

·
Registered
107 Posts
The problem is gonna be if you ever take the trailer off the pavement. When your truck and trailer go to flexing different direction you are running a good chance of the neck of the trailer making contact with the top of the tailgate or the bed rails. I have had it happen with stock 4x4 trucks. If you ever see someone driving down the road with that little v in the top of the tailgate over in the corners thats probably where they got it from

·
Registered
338 Posts
there are 2 problems you have if you use the same trailer for a lifted truck and a stock. 1 some times you can not juck it up high enough 2. if th coupling is to low it dents the hell out of your tail gate and bedrails. i would recomend getting the hi rise ball or even better the ball that relocates it farther back here is my truck

·
Registered
676 Posts
I have a 3500 and a PJ goose neck 14 ft dump trailer, and when I took it out to the bush to get wood, while backing down a decommissioned road, the neck hit the corner of the box. I had it adjusted, with the trailer level. I had to lift it another 6 inches which puts the trailer out of level. Not enough that the suspension can not handle it. Lifting a truck and then pulling is not the safest thing you can do. Just a thought!

·
Registered
681 Posts
for what I do I think that I would be fine. The one I haul has at least 16 inches of adjustment, maybe more, and its 95% on road hauling, the rest is around orchard and stuff

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
6" and 35"s

·
Registered
107 Posts
Davis Dresser do you have your ball relocated farther back?

Maxthis that is a best case scenario trailer there arent any gussets connecting the Ibeam that most trailers have. By the way that is one good looking truck!

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
the pic looks good man, from what i gather here as long as a guy is smart about it it shouldnt be a big issue just make sure you dont have wheels and tires with a big side wall to risk a blow out or mushy feel while hauling and make sure your clearences are good enough between the neck and bed nad watch the angle of the trailer a guy shouldnt have any issues just a little common sense

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Thank you danderson......

I get mine in and out of alot of fields you just have to watch it...lot of times if you just cross a ditch at a 45 degree angle it is fine. There has been times that I would have to stop and back up though because the end result would have been devistating. But I pulled the guts out of mine when I had my lift on it and I never had any problems at all. I just took it off so I could buy a camper and play with my truck a little bit more.

I have also pulled some very very large loads and even with 35"s it still pulled great...mileage just sucked!

·
Registered
681 Posts
that is a good looking truck/trailer combo!!!
I only want some 285's under mine so i should be ok :cool:

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
here's a crappy cell picture....but you get the point. You can still pull pretty heavy loads with one lifted...

·
Registered
201 Posts
Here yea go. This trailer is 48ft i also have a 30 foot that has an extened goose that was made for a dump truck that has a bour 15 inches clearence. The one pictured has 8" between trailer and the bed. Lift is a 6" pro comp, 35bfg and the picture with the crappers is with my 20's and 35.5 kumhos. Oh and the most important thing b&w gooseneck hitch no modifacation to hitch just standard ball.

Attachments

·
Registered
338 Posts
Davis Dresser do you have your ball relocated farther back?

you dont really have to worry about moving your ball back unless you are towing horse trailers bacause they will pop out you back window if you are not careful. the nice thing also with that ball is it is about an inch higher than stock so it gives you a little more clearence to yor tail gate. but it really depends on how the trailer is set up. and yos to answer your qustion i do have the ball theat sets it ferther back

·
Registered
101 Posts
i pull a 30 foot goose neck all the time, made a few adjustments to the trailer and works just fine, you could also reverse the springs on the tailer, would be easy if u have the equipment to do it......

·
Registered
770 Posts
That is why i put a flat bed on mine. Even on a stock height truck, pulling a gooseneck over bumps and humps it can beat the hell outta your tailgate and bed rails. At least where i gotta pull them. off road roads pretty much. Im not a fan of lifted trucks for that reason, hooking up to a gooseneck. but most dont even have a ball in the bed anyways, just toys. Just my opinion. It can be done tho im sure.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts