Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking for a gooseneck hitch for my truck what kind of hitch should i be looking for brand names and styles if any one has pic's. that would be grate

·
Registered
140 Posts
I have a B&W turnover gooseneck and I love it.

·
Registered
108 Posts
The B/W Turnover Ball is awesome. Just installed one in my truck Saturday.

There is only a 4 inch hole required in the bed, besides the small u-bolts for the chains.

Install is fairly easy, took me 4-5 hours, that is one beefy hitch too.

Ebay has them for 399.00 including shipping.

·
Premium Member
2,456 Posts
B&W all day for a goosneck back. best is the business. i have used many different kinds of different work pickups for the years. id never put anything but a B&W on a pickup again.

·
Slave to the Interwebs
9,976 Posts
B&W turn over hitch. It mounts where you can pull a lever under the fender and flip the ball around. That way your ball is not in the bed when in use.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
wow really like the quick feed back do you remove the bed to install it

·
Registered
108 Posts
Nope, everything slides in from underneath.

·
Premium Member
2,456 Posts
wow really like the quick feed back do you remove the bed to install it
nope just have to drill the 4 inch hole in the bed and a few in the frame. its the best way to go and stronger then most as well. they are 30k instead of 25k like most.

·
Registered
108 Posts
On the one I just installed in my truck, no holes needed to be drilled in the frame.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Premium Member
2,456 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ok sounds like im going to order a B&W thanks guys

·
Registered
687 Posts
B & W makes a great hitch. Easy install. Just be perfect on the 4 inch hole in your bed. Take your time. The turn overs are the best way to go because you can flip the ball over and it sticks down below your bed allowing your bed to be used however you want without that big ball being in the way. B&W Custom Truck Beds, Inc.
This is a link. Click the link on the right side to "see in action". Curt also makes a hitch with this same setup, although theirs have 2 locking pins instead of 1. Just my .02

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks one more ? how do i get a wiring harnessed up there

·
Registered
687 Posts
Remove your left tail light assembly. You can get a 7 way plug that plugs inline to the one on your bumper. Route it up the cavity where your tail light assembly goes and mount it just inside your tailgate.

·
Registered
773 Posts
B & W makes a great hitch. Easy install. Just be perfect on the 4 inch hole in your bed. Take your time. The turn overs are the best way to go because you can flip the ball over and it sticks down below your bed allowing your bed to be used however you want without that big ball being in the way. B&W Custom Truck Beds, Inc.
This is a link. Click the link on the right side to "see in action". Curt also makes a hitch with this same setup, although theirs have 2 locking pins instead of 1. Just my .02
Measure once cut twice. I need to post the picts.:eek:

·
Premium Member
827 Posts
Another vote for the B&W. The one I have now is the second one I have bought and probably will not ever buy any other brand. On my 07 classic it actually had wires ran up the driver side frame rail for putiing the light connector in the bed.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts