Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

Gooseneck hitches

5K views 30 replies 18 participants last post by  kivetts04dmax 
#1 ·
Im looking for a gooseneck hitch for my truck what kind of hitch should i be looking for brand names and styles if any one has pic's. that would be grate

#3 ·
The B/W Turnover Ball is awesome. Just installed one in my truck Saturday.

There is only a 4 inch hole required in the bed, besides the small u-bolts for the chains.

Install is fairly easy, took me 4-5 hours, that is one beefy hitch too.

Ebay has them for 399.00 including shipping.

#4 ·
B&W all day for a goosneck back. best is the business. i have used many different kinds of different work pickups for the years. id never put anything but a B&W on a pickup again.

#5 ·
B&W turn over hitch. It mounts where you can pull a lever under the fender and flip the ball around. That way your ball is not in the bed when in use.

#6 ·
wow really like the quick feed back do you remove the bed to install it

#8 ·
nope just have to drill the 4 inch hole in the bed and a few in the frame. its the best way to go and stronger then most as well. they are 30k instead of 25k like most.

#10 ·
what kind was it ?

#13 ·
ok sounds like im going to order a B&W thanks guys

#14 ·
B & W makes a great hitch. Easy install. Just be perfect on the 4 inch hole in your bed. Take your time. The turn overs are the best way to go because you can flip the ball over and it sticks down below your bed allowing your bed to be used however you want without that big ball being in the way. B&W Custom Truck Beds, Inc.
This is a link. Click the link on the right side to "see in action". Curt also makes a hitch with this same setup, although theirs have 2 locking pins instead of 1. Just my .02

#15 ·
Thanks one more ? how do i get a wiring harnessed up there

#17 ·
I also bought a harness that plugs into the back of the existing plug. then you can mount it into the bed or wheel well. I beleive curt made it also.

#18 ·
Remove your left tail light assembly. You can get a 7 way plug that plugs inline to the one on your bumper. Route it up the cavity where your tail light assembly goes and mount it just inside your tailgate.

#20 ·
Another vote for the B&W. The one I have now is the second one I have bought and probably will not ever buy any other brand. On my 07 classic it actually had wires ran up the driver side frame rail for putiing the light connector in the bed.

#21 ·
used to install the b&w myself and I wouldnt go any other route..its just a simple bolt on hitch with very good instructions..only hole to drill is in the bed with a 4" hole saw, everything else bolts up to existing holes in the frame..Its a good "fail safe" hitch unlike the faulty electric ones..go with b&w, cant go wrong!! goodluck!!

#22 ·
one more for B&W i have had 4 of them after going the other way the first time around. and a big plus for them is customer service!!! i bought the hitch that is in my truck now and it rusted out aftet one winter...i called them up to complain becase the one in our 05 still looks new and they said they would mail me a new one no qustions asked!!!

#23 ·
x2^^^always helps when you have great customer service and I delt with them many times over the phone when ordering more for our shop and you couldnt ask for better people..they always asked how we were doing with the hitches and our only complaint was that we couldnt keep them in stock..we had people scheduled and backed up waiting for us to install them..I was knocking them out on new trucks in 45 minutes (w/o dropping the tire which is not needed to do but in the instructions).

#24 ·
My shop installs a hitch a week on average and the majority of them are B&W's. They are a breeze to install and come with excellent instructions and ALL the parts you need. I can't stress ALL enough.

#26 ·
you can adjust the coupler of the trailer to the height of your truck..just use a big cressent wrench and loosen the set screws and let the trailer down til its almost level or where you want it, tighten set screws and safety nuts..takes like 5 min..

#28 ·
I didn't read all the reply's put I like the Drop-n-Lock Hitches ones. B&W are nice but I've seen some big dents in the bed from people not remembering to latch the ball back under the fender well and thats if your lucky nothing worse happens.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.