Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got extra $150 to invest in my truck what should I get next done ordered hids any ideas?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
Start a built trans fund!

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
you have tow mirrors? I still absolutely love mine. Huge increase over accordions

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nope don't have tow mirrors stil don't exactly were to buy from I want the ones with turn signals. What's the difference between a electric pyro gauge and non electric I guess?

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
well there aren't any mechanical pyro gauges from my experience, they are considered electric due to the fact that they base their readings off of a thermocouple placed into the manifold.

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
well there aren't any mechanical pyro gauges from my experience, they are considered electric due to the fact that they base their readings off of a thermocouple placed into the manifold.
What he said. Thermocouples read off of resistance or Ohms of the current that flows though it.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's what I thought so I guess I may get tow mirrors off eBay with the signals??

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
Some mirrors shake at higher speeds. Not sure which brands do or don't.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dang how do u find that out lol

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
I have OEM mirrors so I don't know which ones but KoolVue is a popular choice.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Yeah last time i checked discountautomirrors stopped offering the mirrors with the turns for some reason.. dunno whats up with that.. but yeah i guess ebay would be your best bet now

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
some of the kool vue's shake, however this can be corrected by adding wheel weights to the bottom corners of the mirrors ;) ask me how i know.. lol

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
How good are the autometer pyro gauges were it reads digitally

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
I'm sure they're fine. I've never used an autometer digital, but i know guys that have and they've never had issues.. and I've never had an issue with any of my analog gauges. Most all of the autometer line is quality stuff, which is why i swear by them.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I ment like these? What yal think look the best I'm putting in that hole with tts pod.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Me personally, I'd run a boost and pyro in a center console setup of some sorts, then reserve that spot with the tts mount for an aeroforce for monitoring other vitals. That's just what i did though lol. Where were you planning on throwing your boost gauge?

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Can you get me a link for center console mounting? I was planning on putting it in the center and aeroforce like you said

·
Registered
2,538 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Im thinking ppe? Put the boost and pyro up there

1 - 20 of 28 Posts