Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Under the truck today and noticed oil all around my filter AGAIN ... its like that everytime i change the filter... I clean it off and it comes back ... cant find that leak... That leak isnt as bad as the other side (passanger) Im not 100% but it looks like its leaking where the axle bolt to the tranny side... it smells like ATF is there a seal that goes in there that might be bad ? if so whats the seal called and or am I looking in the wrong spot ??? need a lil help ASAP im leaving to go camping this Friday AM and need to kinda fix it by tomarrow night. :help

·
Registered
641 Posts
Had a Oil Leak from the Oil Filter Housing. The TOP Allen socket plug was leaking. Removed it and put some pipe putty and good to go. Did all the plugs and bolts on the Housing. No more leaks

·
Registered
839 Posts
X2 that's what it looks like on the housing. did you check the trans cooler lines?

·
Registered
641 Posts
Also look at your Power Steering lines, they also leak at the hard line crimp.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
K Im going to check the plugs on the filter housing today... Ill also check the trans cooler lines and power steering... I didnt think anything about those lines everything else looked like it was old over spray with dirt and all on it ... the axle part looked freash thats why I thought it was the axle... Thank you guys for your help... keep shooting Ideas please. I can replay on my blackberry but I wont be able to post more pics of it till later tonight now sure how to do it witht he berry and again thank you guys !!!!!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I looked under the truck and it doesn't look like the tranny cooler lines are leaking. I don't see power steering lines anywhere near there. I'm at a loss. Any other ideas?

·
Registered
641 Posts
I would degrease everything good. And clean all the oil off every thing. Will help find the leaks. Look at the the lines from the Hydro Boost to the power steering pump, and to the Steering box to the Hydro boost. Those lines leak at were the hard line joins the rubber line , the crimps leak.

·
Registered
42 Posts
GM have the cheapest lines, all crimps will leak

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I checked all the crimp lines on the tranny cooler and none of those are leaking. I'm going to blast everything under there tomorrow with purple power. Then drive it a few mile and see if I can narrow it down. Thank you guys for helping me out. Ill keep posted updates

1 - 9 of 9 Posts