Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ended up getting an H&S Street tuner with the unlock code for the performance and dpf delete tunes. I'm running a stainless 5" flopro turbo back race pipe, afe intake, airdog 2, and turbo resonator delte. Just wondering if anyone else has the street tuner with the unlock code and what their experience has been like with it.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Did you get the unlock code after filling out the EPA paperwork?

·
Registered
4,211 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No I had been shopping around to find the cheapest pre ban tuner and the best I could find was $1800 but troll performance had a street tuner still in the package that someone had got the unlock code for and i got it for $1400. The epa wont give you permission unless the truck is going to be for drag racing or pulling only and it cant be registered.

·
jokerfabworx.com
3,662 Posts
No I had been shopping around to find the cheapest pre ban tuner and the best I could find was $1800 but troll performance had a street tuner still in the package that someone had got the unlock code for and i got it for $1400. The epa wont give you permission unless the truck is going to be for drag racing or pulling only and it cant be registered.
I don't get it...:help

·
Registered
43 Posts
I just got finished with my exhaust today. It is a 5" Flo-Pro Stainless Down-Pipe back. I got my H&S tuner from Performance Truck Products, they still offer the Delete pkg. I am very excited about it. Wish I had done it a year ago. You will be very happy with the setup!!!!

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
It is an unlocked street tuner, you don't have to register it or anything :thumb

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
4,211 Posts

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
They can if you get the paperwork approved from the EPA and if you register it and get caught its a 30K fine

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Theres really no good (cheap) way around it if you're just now looking to buy delete tuners or the unlock codes. Really wish i had bought my truck before the ban but oh well. I'm not concerned about the epa catching up to me because someone elses vehicle information was used to get the permission to unlock the tuner

·
Registered
428 Posts
I have a new pre-ban XRT that I will sell if anyone is looking. PM me.

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
Can any and all street turners be unlocked?
If you have one and you would like it unlocked let me know.

Just need some info and no it is not done via paperwork.

PM me for info.

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
They can if you get the paperwork approved from the EPA and if you register it and get caught its a 30K fine
There are other ways.... just gotta know who to know :thumb

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
True that! Just wish i knew em lol

1 - 20 of 38 Posts