Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I got the dsp5 switch form nick from duramaxtuner.com inn and wow I love it I. Havent really got see the different tunes yet but so far so good

·
Banned
1,104 Posts
What are your 5 tunes? I'm trying to decide whether to get the 2 or 5 switch and tunes.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got a tow, economy, smoke lope ,80 hp and a 100hp

·
Banned
1,104 Posts
Nice! Have fun!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thinking about getting efi live soon and i have heard several different lope tunes. How does your sound?

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I like the way mine sounds I think it sounds pretty damn good I suggest going with the 5 tune set up

·
Premium Member
459 Posts
i am wanting the same setup. how exactly does the dsp5 work i know its a turn knob 1-5 but is it on the fly or what. and who did your smoke lope tune? i dont have efi yet but want it. how deep into are you as far as $ everything included if you dont mind me askin, and what do you have for guages. basically any info would help.

·
Premium Member
459 Posts
thanks man. doesn't seem overwhelming at all, Funk. i need pretty much need everything done for me until i can figure it out, i take it. i want a lope and smoke tune for sure nothing crazy but a little. who would is ok with doin one im in se idaho. i heard idahorobs not a fan of either. anybody. . . input?

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My smoke lope tune is pretty cool sounds good I would give nick at duramaxtuner.com he is pretty cool and easy to work with and I paid abot 530 with shipping after it was all said and done

·
saw what you did there
14,297 Posts
Nick is doing mine for me. Rob definitely knows what he's doing though, I'd give him a call.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What tunes r u gettin if u don't mind me asking

·
saw what you did there
14,297 Posts
What tunes r u gettin if u don't mind me asking
Not at all. I'm doing pre-emptive tunes for the eventual tranny build and Twin Turbo setup.

1- Optimized stock (305rwhp mpg)
2- Towing (with turbine braking 350rwhp)
3- 400 rwhp (stock trans)
4- 500 rwhp (stock turbo built trans)
5- 600 rwhp (twins built trans)

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hell yeah it should run good I can't wait till I get my trans build I'm just tryin to decide what to go with

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Actually I thought it was cake me and my dad got it in in no more than 30 minutes I love the way my truck runs has never ran as good as it does now nick did a good job.

·
saw what you did there
14,297 Posts
Actually I thought it was cake me and my dad got it in in no more than 30 minutes I love the way my truck runs has never ran as good as it does now nick did a good job.
kickass man. :drink

·
Registered
895 Posts
I am tinkering with the idea as well but I am really at a loss as to what tunes to get I was thinking an optomizing one, two tows but have no idea what for the other two? I am stock everything and still debating on the DPF delet or not I am not a pedal stopmer but wouldn't mind pulling away form someone at the lights LOL. Not to hijack your thread but I think you have your answer and this will avoid starting yet another one.

Thanks
Phil

1 - 19 of 19 Posts