Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I'm wanting to first put an exhaust on it. I don't think the dpf has been touched on the truck but would I need to delete that before I straight pipe it? And how do I go about doing it? Will the check engine light come on when I put the exhaust on?

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
You can get a complete exhaust kit that will delete the DPF, Cat & muffler if you want, or you can get a kit with a muffler. You will need a tuner that will delete the DPF also.

·
Slave to the Interwebs
9,954 Posts
Do some searching around the site regarding DPF deletes and programmers. If you still have a musket type tailpipe then you still have the DPF. It is a pretty easy swap once you make up your mind on what you want.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So by putting a full exhaust on it will delete the dpf? But still have to get a programmer? And would it cause problems if I just did the exhaust and no programmer?

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
If you get a DPF delete exhaust, you will have to have a programmer that will delete the DPF or the truck will not function properly. You can do a DPF back exhaust but they are for just looks, no performance gain and you would not have to have a programmer.

·
Slave to the Interwebs
9,954 Posts
The computer will eventually put the truck in limp mode without a programmer. The truck will run 1000x better without the DPF and a good tune on it. Plus the economy will go up

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
Welcome to the forum

·
Registered
805 Posts
Welcome to the forum

- Adam

·
Registered
7,861 Posts