Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got my first duramax about a month ago and have a few questions, it has a ppe tuner, 5" mbrp exhaust, airraid intake, a 7.5 superlift, 24" black ions and 37" toyos but those are being replaced probably tommorow with 38" nitto trail grapplers. but here are my questions.

today i put it on level 4 and punched it around town a couple times showing it off to one of my friends when we got back to his house my back rotors or something back there was smoking what would that be from? i didnt even drive 2 miles i bet and ive never noticed this before.

also how can i tell if my egr is blocked it looks like there is a tab sticking out like ive seen on some of the blockers but i dont know what it looks like stock?

i know im prolly going to have to build the tranny down the road possibly soon can anyone point me in the right direction to go on that? i still have money set back from selling my old truck how much should i look at spending?

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
If there's a tab sticcking out it's blocked

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
If there's a tab sticcking out it's blocked
Not necessary, my stock lmm has a tab sticking up, but its the gasket,if its a metal tab then ya its prob blocked

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
you should budget around 4k for a built tranny installed by a reputable shop. Should be able to do it yourself for around 2.5-3 if i remember correctly. Where are you located? So we can help recommend places for you to go? Be careful running that level 4, watch out for your 4-5 and 5-4 shifts especially.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i figured it was prolly blocked. and i also did the pcv reroute

i live in okc oklahoma, and i dont run it on 4 often and when i do i dont punch it long only till third sometimes, most of the time just when i take off to blow some smoke out.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Fill in your sig so we know a little more about what you are working with

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
congrats on the truck and welcome! these guys really know what theyre talking about so i would listen

·
Registered
897 Posts
Congrats on the truck. I was psyched when I got mine...

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks guys i love it! its is actually my first diesel too i looked and researched for a long time and found a smoking deal on this one!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts