Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So a few weeks ago, I traded my old 1991 GMC Suburban for a pair of Buckstop Bumpers and a PPE Hot +2 E.T. and installed the bumpers that week but didn't get around to taking new pictures of them till today. I'll probably end up taking some better pictures of them once I get 2 more sets of the PIAA lights on the top mounting bracket on the pre-runner.

Oh yeah, ignore the powerjoke in the background! :p

·
Received a Hummer
9,627 Posts
Looks good! But I wouldn't waste the money on PIAA lights......I bought some housings off of Ebay and put HID's in them.....a heck of a lot cheaper and better light output :) And the bulbs will last 100X longer.

·
Registered
722 Posts
I'm not a big fan of those big bumpers but those look good. Nice truck nuts.

·
Registered
755 Posts
those look pretty good... I realy should put bumbers on my truck since I live in deer country but I wanted to do the lower/race look with the ss bumbers

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Thanks for the compliments guys, I love the look of them and the lights help out a ton! Just need to try to keep the road rage in check now since I literally can drive my truck up someones ass now when they're being an idiot lol

Looks good! But I wouldn't waste the money on PIAA lights......I bought some housings off of Ebay and put HID's in them.....a heck of a lot cheaper and better light output :) And the bulbs will last 100X longer.
That seems like it would probably cost about he same as just buying the lights? I'm looking at the piaa 520 ATPs and they run about $250 a pair, how much did it cost you for the housings/HID kits if you don't mind me asking? And was it a pain to wire in since you need those boxes for each bulb?

08DMAXX said:
I'm not a big fan of those big bumpers but those look good. Nice truck nuts.
Thanks man. I saw a picture with a ford with them and liked them a lot more than the rubber/plastic ones that actually look like nuts. Seems a bit funnier to have real truck nuts and not ones that that I wouldn't want a 8 year kid to see and ask their parents what they were. I think they're a little more tasteful basically lol.

·
Premium Member
3,048 Posts
Looks real nice:rockin I really like that you have the matching rear

·
Received a Hummer
9,627 Posts
Well for all 4 of my fog lights.....with housings and HIDs it cost me $140.00...and wiring them in is no harder than wiring in the PIAAs...

·
Registered
158 Posts
Lookin good:rockin

·
Registered
809 Posts
Looks awesome,you shoulda traded the powerjoke for the bumpers ! :rofl

·
Registered
412 Posts
look good love the matched set

·
Registered
457 Posts
Like the bumpers!!! LMAO at ur truck nuts... Great idea. I wish I could trade something for my front bumper...Ireaaly need to get the matching front!! Great looking truck man!

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Looks bad a$$ man! :rockin

·
Registered
16 Posts
Well for all 4 of my fog lights.....with housings and HIDs it cost me $140.00...and wiring them in is no harder than wiring in the PIAAs...
Looking at a new bumper and some lights. Can ya share some details about what you did or point me at a resource to do some learning?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
bumpers look sick i need a rear. and i looked into getting the pre-runner bar on mine but they want 500 bucks.....

what kind of paint is on there? rubberized??? mine is peeling

·
Registered
83 Posts
Damn, that loos really nice

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
lol didnt see that one.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts