Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my truck with efi live tuning and dsp5 already installed. I just purchased a v2 and tuning and wondered if I will lose my tunes already on my truck when I reflash the ecm? Is there a way to save these? I just got the v2 so don't know how to use it yet. I did some searching,but didn't see anything on this. Any help will be appreciated!

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
yes they go bye bye....you can always read the tune with the V2 and save them if you wish before loading the new tunes.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would like to save them. I bought new from Rob, but there is one on my truck that I really liked, except it defeuled a ton when it shifted. Now that I have the v2 I might play with it a little if I ever get that confident. Is there a set of instructions on how to save the tunes on the truck?

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
Rob always sent me instructions with mine....

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes Rob did send instructions on how to install new, but I was concerned about losing the old. If there is nothing I can do about losing them then so be it. If there is a way I would like to save old.

·
Premium Member
1,357 Posts
Just read the tunes like you would a stock tune, and save it as a separate tune file before you flash the new tunes on there. There is also the chance that your tunes on there now are locked and you won't be able to do anything with them

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Okay i'll see if I can stumble through that. lol!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Not sure if they were dsp5? Truck has dsp5 switch in it already. Does that mean they are?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes there is a noticeable difference with each setting.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok just to double check. Would you say that I have dsp5 tuning and I can't save my old tunes?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Then it's most likely a dsp5 file. Sucks for you bud.
OK Thanks for the info guys. I doubt I will miss them too much. I just thought I might use them as a place to start if I ever get brave enough to do some tuning.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts