Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Earth tried to eat one of the steigers! :eek:

We're runnin irrigation on one farm and sinking steigers 3 miles away :rolleyes:

Land vehicle Vehicle Tractor Agricultural machinery Soil

Soil Vehicle Automotive tire Tire Geological phenomenon

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
ouch!! that looks pretty bad been there done that with my scraper tractor. wat did it take to get it out. or is it out yet?

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Surprised the HELL out of me, but our other steiger pulled it out with 2 chains just hooked to one another. We did manage to turn a HUGE tow strap into dust though :rof

The chains were all we had unless we borrowed a snatch rope from someone. I was ducked behind the steering wheel hoping those chains wouldn't explode!

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Nice dude!

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Ya i broke a snatch rope one time. that was not cool at all. but at least it didnt fly up and hurt anybody

·
Registered
641 Posts
AIR DOWN. All those tires (8) and you still get that Funny looking tractor stuck

·
Premium Member
827 Posts
Man that sucks. Glad to hear it came out without a problem though.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
That's a good one. Last summer cuttin barley with our 9770 jd combine an sunk it up to the header while it was up all way and the bin was full draggin the 36 foot head on the ground ha not fun

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
AIR DOWN. All those tires (8) and you still get that Funny looking tractor stuck
Air down? :rolleyes: You don't just 'air down' tires on a steiger...and I don't care if it had tracks it wouldn't have gotten out. There's no hard ground for the tires to grab and the center section of the disk was buried. The mud was like Stretch Armstrong material :rof

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That's a good one. Last summer cuttin barley with our 9770 jd combine an sunk it up to the header while it was up all way and the bin was full draggin the 36 foot head on the ground ha not fun
WHAT? :eek: Shew I bet that was a clusterf*ck. Do you have duals or super singles on it?

Ha that's like one of the neighbors last year was cuttin beans and the HHS kept bumpin the header up and he was like wtf is goin on? Then he realized and it was too late. Funny thing is he was going around a goose pit at the time, so in the process of being pulled out, the combine slid and caved half of the pit in. AND it was on rent ground :rof Prolly won't have that farm too much longer

·
Premium Member
1,064 Posts
that looks nasty. glad you got her out.
those things break up the monotony of a normal day :)

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
that looks nasty. glad you got her out.
those things break up the monotony of a normal day :)
Yup! I was actually only mad when I was trying to get out and the 'wiggle' and the 'crab walk' wouldn't work lol. Then I just laughed and started texting "hey you gotta come see this" lol. Definitely added some excitement to the day :D

·
VAGITARIAN :)
7,336 Posts
We had a old army truck like a 6x6 with 3 axles that were full time 4x4,that is what we'd use when we stuck a tractor,but it wasn't often.That damn truck seemed like it could pull the earth...

·
Registered
1,095 Posts

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
WHAT? :eek: Shew I bet that was a clusterf*ck. Do you have duals or super singles on it?

Ha that's like one of the neighbors last year was cuttin beans and the HHS kept bumpin the header up and he was like wtf is goin on? Then he realized and it was too late. Funny thing is he was going around a goose pit at the time, so in the process of being pulled out, the combine slid and caved half of the pit in. AND it was on rent ground :rof Prolly won't have that farm too much longer

I had the one with singles we have four with singles and two with dials all in all nothin fun gettin stuck ha

·
Premium Member
827 Posts

I know what you mean. Two seasons ago during harvest we stuck a 2388 sevral times that is spread out to staddle 4-38" rows with the mains and 6-38" rows with the duals with a eight row corn head. We also stuck the 1680 combine and the two cart tractors sevral times. Needless to say we had a tractor dedicated to towing the others. That was the longest few days I think I have ever worked by the time you could get one peice of equipment pulled out another one was stuck. Here are a couple pics of the 1680 and the MX-275

1 - 20 of 22 Posts