Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

Got the new Toy Hauler Home

8K views 35 replies 27 participants last post by  vinnie gillotti 
#1 ·
Will post pics tomorrow but had to share I just towed my new toy hauler home today - 2009 KZ Inferno 3812. 40 Feet long and weighed at the scales at 14,200#. Must say was a little nervous about how my 3/4 ton rig would do. With only a set of airbags as modification I have to say it did great. Haul was about 80 miles with some fairly good hills and no problems. Felt very safe and stable too. Braking better than my 35 foot 10,000# 5er I traded in.:)

#7 ·
What kind of bed rail clearance do you have from top of bed rail to bottom of 5th wheel? Looks like it sits nice and would pull good.

#10 ·
Have 6 inches bed rail clearance. Pulls very good. Really no swaying and honestly less bouncing chucking than my smaller one I traded in - probably because of all the pin weight - LOL!

#12 ·
Looks good!

What we get no interior pics?

#14 ·
That's a purdy trailer, might be one of my favorites. How much garage space do you have? You need to get more toys to fill it.

#16 ·
Thanks! Been trying to upgrade to toy hauler for about 4 years and think I've got a good one. Was a 2009 that had been on the dealer lot since July of 2008 so he was ready to deal. If in the market, a lot of dealers have old but new inventory they are ready to move.

Garage space is 12 x 8

Also has a built in kegerator in the garage!:drink

#17 ·
Hell ya! That things killer! :rockin

But, where the hell do you store the thing at?! :confused:

#20 ·
that huge ol hauler for that lil bike? lol

nice rig man

#22 ·
thats awesome, i pulled a few tri axle toy haulers, the dually loved it! I want one too, but doubtful ill get one anytime soon.

#33 ·
Went with a standard 5th wheel but got a "Sidewinder" hitch on the trailer side of things - can turn 90+ degrees without getting close and no damn slider to have to mess with.

#28 ·
Weight your toyhauler again after you get all your "stuff" in. It will surprise you. Average is 1,000 lbs per person.

#29 ·
Nice looking set-up, I almost went with the inferno, but my wallet liked the sportster a little better, I have been very happy with kz! My daughter also learned a little trampoline saftey a couple of weeks ago, enjoy the trailer!

#30 ·
Nice bike, love those Vmax's.

#31 ·
How many pounds of air are you folks running in the air bags to help with that much weight? MIne max at 100 but with 30 lbs the 9000k tungue camper only lowers the whel well about 1.5 inches. Should I run more??

#32 ·
How many pounds of air are you folks running in the air bags to help with that much weight?
DRW, 1psi for every 100 lbs of pin weight. SRW, 1psi / 60 lbs is a good place to start. I can't see you needing much more than 15psi or so for your 9k tag trailer.

#35 ·
Sweet , Shoot some pics of the inside,tailgate down, I like to your storage....thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.