Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have their GPS mounted cleanly? My suction cup is giving out, and I want something more permanent.

·
Registered
371 Posts
what kind of gps ?

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tom Tom and the like. Mine is a Mio..

·
Registered
34 Posts
still on the suction cup, I may move it to the open pocket to the right of the heater controls

Attachments

·
Registered
61 Posts
i had mine mounted on the left had side on top of the dash in my old truck just depends how you want it to look also if it still gets signal.

·
Premium Member
505 Posts
Go to Best Buy and get a dash mount.The one I have is filled with some sort of media, has a "slip free" bottom side so it doesn't slide around on the dash. Plus, its portable. I don't want to mount something like that permanently in the truck...it gives incentive for someone to break in.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I put mine in the pocket next to the heater controls, used a srew type mount and the gps covers the entire hole, came out really clean. I also ran my power cord thru the center console to the back 12v outlet above the back seat cup holders, since I never use it any ways.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Check this company out mgtmotorsports.com

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
i have never had any trouble with signal

·
Registered
338 Posts
check this outhttp://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/interior/36395-mounted-my-nuvi-250-a.html

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
12,050 Posts
How did you attach that?
idk what yours looks like but on mine it had the suction cup and then that little tab you push down so it sticks better. i pulled of the suction cup and then it left that little hole. i ran a bolt through it and mounted it to a piece of aluminum i painted black!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts