Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick intro on myself. My name is Jeff Barker and I'm part of the retail sales team here at Gale Banks Engineering. If you have any questions reguarding our product line, need prices, or if you need tech help please don't hesitate to drop me a line!

Jeff Barker
Gale Banks Engineering
1-800-438-7693 Ext. 4122
:gearjamin

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
:welcometo the site..you gotta watch some of these guys they like to much diesel:fart:D

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Your username threw me for a loop. The Ice Box intake manufacturer uses the user name Jbarker (John Barker).

Relation???:D

Welcome!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
2003 Banks Stinger

Hi Jeff, I am new to this site and this is my first time. I have a 2003 Chevy D/A with a Banks stinger system on it. The system has the oiled gauze air filter and I have been concerned that this might be a way for G.M. to void the 200,000 mi. injector warranty. Have you heard of this being a problem? Does Banks have a dry filter that could be used on this system? I love the system. This truck has so much power.

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Jeff, I am new to this site and this is my first time. I have a 2003 Chevy D/A with a Banks stinger system on it. The system has the oiled gauze air filter and I have been concerned that this might be a way for G.M. to void the 200,000 mi. injector warranty. Have you heard of this being a problem? Does Banks have a dry filter that could be used on this system? I love the system. This truck has so much power.
Do you have the Ram Air intake system or just the drop in filter in the stock box?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Good day fellow Duramax owners, I'm new to this website, just wanted to say Hi from Northern Canada, itz not theend of the world but you can see it from here..;-) I just recently installed the Banks 6 gun with PDA and lot it for the most part, still tweaking it a bit! I'm havin' a few problem with it cutting out or defueling! Once I got a low fuel rail pressure code, I jacked up the accelerator pump to 120% and it worked for awhile, I have all the other settings set at 100%, until the other day i was accelerating through a yellow light and it kicked out again! I jacked the AP up to 130% and it seems to be fine again! Any ideas on what might be happening or what I need to adjust? The truck has only 7500 km (4500 miles) on it, I run Amsoil Cetane boost and conditioner, so please don't say itz the fuel filter!

Cheerz 4now!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Not sure, I just bought it in May so it should be the current version!

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
check it on the PDA under version info. You should be on firmware version 2. If not give us a call here at Banks and we can e-mail it to you.

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
I do have the ram air intake
Then i would not worry about it. The type of filter used in the stock box is from K&N (the "drop in" type). It's a 4 layer filter and has a poor filtration rate. Also, because the MAF sensor is still located in the same spot, if you over oil the filter it will coat the sensor setting a CEL and cause the truck to run poorly. The Banks Ram air system solves both of those problems. The filter itself is an 8 layer design (double that of a K&N) and the MAF sensor is moved to a different location (closer to the turbo and at a slightly different angle). This eliminates the problem of coated sensors and the filtration rate is the best on the market. When you service the filter use the spary on oil NOT the squeeze bottle type. The bottle type applies to much oil where the spray does not.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thank-you

Thanks for the info. It answers a lot of questions I have about this systemThanks. I read about people having problems with an SES code after cleaning and oiling their filter and I've never had the problem, now I know why. I can clean my filter with a little more peace of mind. I've always liked Banks products and I should have known they would never do anything bad for my truck.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I have the Banks with PDA... just a quick question, i had just the 6guns with speedloader then upgraded to the PDA. Is the stock settings on the PDA the same as the speedloader?

thx

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The PDA expands the overall capability of the Six Gun. The speedloader now has it's own setting which will display on the power number as "SL". This is 1 level above 6 (you will need to go into the menu to activate it). It now also allows you to set the amount of power used in each gear in the transmission as well as change your saftey limits, your low boost fueling, the amount for de-rate used between gears ect. If you have any questions on the setting please feel free to give us a call here at Banks and we can help you out with it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Jeff, can one upgrade from the Sixgun (no Speedloader) to the PDA? thanks!

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
It can but you have to have the right six gun. If your six gun is mounted under the dash then you can't use a PDA. That type of system was discontinued over a year and a half ago. It doesn't have the right wire harness and it's programming won't accept the PDA. If you have the version that mounts in the engine compartment then you can up grade to the PDA system. All it takes is 1 wire to plug in on the docking station and your ready to go.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.