Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sitting here bored and i was thinking of some cosmetic things to do to my truck this spring. I was planning on painting all the chrome white but after seeing some pics of other trucks I think it might be a little too much white. So I was thinking about getting black headlights, painting the chrome of the grill black and painting the mesh of the grill, the bumper and the bowtie white. I also have a stainless bull-bar, and was considering painting the tubular part black and the flat sheet metal section white. I also thought about ditching the bull bar altogether, but I cant make up my mind. I tried photo shopping all this but I found out im not very good at it.

Give me some input.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
3,633 Posts
i think ditch the bull bar, but if you do paint it that way that would be kinda sick, go buy some plasti-dip that way you can run it for a while and if you dont like it peel it off, i just plati-dipped my grill, front bumper and lower valence, next im going to clear coat the inside of my headlights with 7 parts clear, 2 parts black and 1 part green and smoke the reflector

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know everyone says just peel it off, but does it really come off that easy?

·
Registered
295 Posts
I've heard great things about plasti dip, I would do it to mine had my mind not been so made up on black, I like your idea of mixing white and black. I would love to see your truck tho to better visualize. I think the bull bar idea is cool but need to see it to give my opinion. I know there's guys who have had plasti dip on for 2 years without peeling here. Another at a year, one at 7 months. I would guess It's all about prep and situation ya know. But if ya ain't sure give plasti dip for sure.

·
it stinks and whistles :)
5,349 Posts

·
maketodaythebestofurlife
363 Posts
i think ditch the bull bar, but if you do paint it that way that would be kinda sick, go buy some plasti-dip that way you can run it for a while and if you dont like it peel it off, i just plati-dipped my grill, front bumper and lower valence, next im going to clear coat the inside of my headlights with 7 parts clear, 2 parts black and 1 part green and smoke the reflector

Does it hold well on the chrome of the bumper too?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,633 Posts
Does it hold well on the chrome of the bumper too?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Yes it does, only time I had a problem is when I drove over a large limb and it swung up and smaked my bumper cause a small tear, I just peeled it off and re sprayed it, took no time at all

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just ordered some white, black and clear PD. I probly won't do it til it gets a little warmer around here, still in the 30's. I'll post some before and after pics when I get it done.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts