Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey out there,
I've got an 07 2500hd with the allison and recently I've got an issue I need some input on.
When coming to a stop only when applying the brakes as soon as the trans downshifts into 2nd and 1st I get a loud squeal followed by grinding but when this is happening if I put it in neutral everything goes away.
I've had the brakes done twice in the past 2 months because of this figuring it was them but it's not. Any thoughts,
Thanks

·
Registered
4,366 Posts
You need to stop replacing things (like brakes) until you know what the problem is. Have someone familiar with Allison transmissions take a look at your transmission. 2WD, or 4WD?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
4wd, the brakes needed to be done as is but I had them redo them under there warranty because the grinding feeling was just like when the brakes are toast and the fact that this started about 5-600 miles into the brake job. Every other aspect of the transmission seems fine, shifting fluid level and color no noise at any speed.
Thanks for reading my post and your advise

·
Premium Member
10,731 Posts
Might also check the fluid in the transfer case and search pump rub.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts