Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys , I have a question I have a 6.6 Duramax with the Allison 1000 my truck seems to be making a grinding noise when shifting from 2-3 when I floor it , it’ll only do it when I seem to step on it . If I drive the truck normally and at slow speeds the gears are reallly smooth and no issues whats so ever , it only has 76k miles on it what do you guys think the issue may be ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey guys , I have a question I have a 6.6 Duramax with the Allison 1000 my truck seems to be making a grinding noise when shifting from 2-3 when I floor it , it’ll only do it when I seem to step on it . If I drive the truck normally and at slow speeds the gears are reallly smooth and no issues whats so ever , it only has 76k miles on it what do you guys think the issue may be ?
Did you ever figure this out? Mine seems to be doing the same thing now. It when the torque converter locks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Did you ever figure this out? Mine seems to be doing the same thing now. It when the torque converter locks
I haven’t torn into anything yet but I did drive it around quite a bit Monday night to get a better idea of it and it stopped grinding. But I kind of think I heard it come back last night. I am kind of leaning toward the torque converter as well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I haven’t torn into anything yet but I did drive it around quite a bit Monday night to get a better idea of it and it stopped grinding. But I kind of think I heard it come back last night. I am kind of leaning toward the torque converter as well.
How long has it been doing this? I’m wondering if I should be worried about it or if it’s gonna cause bigger problems in the future. My transmission seems to shift fine tho it never slips from what I can tell

·
Registered
5 Posts
How long has it been doing this? I’m wondering if I should be worried about it or if it’s gonna cause bigger problems in the future. My transmission seems to shift fine tho it never slips from what I can tell
About a month now. I’m sure it’ll will cause future problems but I’m not having any slippage either. But just drove around again and no sound.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts