Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey DMax,
I have a 2015 Sierra 2500 and am looking for stock grounding points and any wisdom and knowledge on upgrades. I've read through forum after forum, youtubed, all that i could think of looking for the stock ground points to no avail for an LML. My truck has recently had some work done to ensure reliability and the gentleman that performed the work was sloppy; (scratched turbo mouthpiece powdercoat from HSP, removed the hood seals, removed the ground strap from the motor to the block - the one im trying to figure out where it goes, didn't put the downpipe on, left a screwdriver in the engine bay, didnt reconnect hood latch and test auto start, etc.) Was just sloppy. Truck runs good, but im starting to get a ground issue, or what i think is a ground issue. When i run my AC my CTS3 Monitor tells me voltage is too low and won't show my gauges, but otherwise it works fine. My stabiltrack will flash on the dash to be serviced then disappear right away sporadically. I just need to know where the stock ground points are on the block, the frame, the cab, the TCM, etc so i can upgrade the wire and check and clean all the ground points as well. Any info on anyone who has done these upgrades explain what they may have done, I've read the big 3 for normal and most applications but GM's should do the "BIG 2" because of an amperage regulator sensor.? I believe this grounding is my issue, everything points to this as the issue and figured I'd start here because the mechanic removed the stock ground strap for whatever reason. If this doesn't work, I'll start looking into other things. I will check the G218 connection as this seems common for allot of us GM guys, but i dont have the steering issues or blinker issues common with this ground point but again, i am getting the stabiltrack CEL randomly. Truck will honk, fold mirrors when i lock it, headlights don't seem to flicker or pulse but it all points to a faulty ground or not grounded well enough. When i run the AC the volts are just below 14 on the dummy guage, but when i dont its closer to 14.5 - 15 volts. Regardless i need to fix the ground that was never put back on, but while im into it i want to upgrade the wire. Plan on 4awg for solid and good continuity and just want some guidance on how i should do it. Since I've had this "work" done to my truck, no shop wants anything to do with me and I'm good with that, i knew what i was doing when i had it performed, I'm just new to grounding a vehicle and properly.
Thanks in Advance Dmax Forum
Brandon.

2015 GMC SIERRA 2500HD Denali 128k
Fleece CP3K Conversion
AD 165 GPH 4G
HSP Deluxe Air intake/Y Bridge Kit
4" Exhaust
DSP5 Switch
EFILIVE
CTS3 Monitor
EGT Probe

Attachments

· Registered
172 Posts

· Registered
7,473 Posts
After you download the ELECTRICAL MANUAL, look for the term 'ground views'

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.