Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok have had my truck for about a year or so now. Bought it used at 150k, one owner truck now that is getting a bit colder in the morning I've noticed when I leave for work and come to a stop I get a growling type noise as soon as I release the brakes it goes away does not do it in reverse or when the truck gets warm it seems to go away. Any idea what this might be and how do I resolve this,. Thanks

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
That isn't a lot to go on but most likely your brake pads are worn metal to metal. You probably need pads and rotors. It goes away when backing up or when they warm up because it is just barely at the point where it will do it at all. As the pads wear even more it will become more consistent.

It is also possible that you have really over sized tires and they rub on something while stopping because the suspension is worn. Your description doesn't exactly point to that but then your description isn't very long.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It only makes this sound when the truck has completely stopped only when in drive no noise before coming to a stop.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Your exhaust is touching a cross member underneath. Mine does the same thing. No worries.

Reactions: corneredge
1 - 5 of 5 Posts