Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I have been experiencing some weird gauge issues. The ABS and parking brake indicators randomly, for no reason at all, occasionally come on temporarily, then turn off. Sometimes, this is followed by "service FWD" and sometimes is followed by all the needle gauges dropping then immediately resuming normal operation. Any ideas?

Also, this may be caused by a similar issue, but I cannot reset the oil life on my truck. I am doing it as the manual says, turning the key on, pumping throttle three times. I have also tried other combinations to no avail.

Thanks for the help. :thumb

·
Premium Member
3,435 Posts
Do you have steering wheel control buttons? My oil life counter resets by holding down the reset button on the steering wheel (lower right). Your other issue sounds like a wiring problem or maybe bad battery or connections. Disconnect batts and reseat all the connectors going to the cluster (remove the dash surround) and retighten the batt connections for starters.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have tried the reset button before the issue and it did not work. I'll try it again. The battery connections could be a likely avenue, as I recently replaced both. I also replaced the water pump, and had to unplug the ECM. I checked the ECM plug and pressed the plug more, but it didn't feel like it did much. I will check both batts. and also the cluster plug. Thanks man.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the reset button worked, I had to hold it for quite awhile but it worked. I will check grounds, battery and dtc's next.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts