Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well hey guys i was putting in guages tonight and the wires touched and i saw a flash in the fuse box on the driver side by door and now my door lock switch doesnt work... any ideas? i know its a fuse but i tried looking from the area i saw the flash but no luck, im going to check the fuses tomorrow morning

·
I'm That Guy...
16,690 Posts
Fuse somewhere... Either on the side of the dash or under the hood. I'd start on the side of the dash though...

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
kk thank you

·
Premium Member
515 Posts
Fuse somewhere... Either on the side of the dash or under the hood. I'd start on the side of the dash though...
x2 on it being a fuse

·
Premium Member
17,806 Posts
It is best to check the fuses with a 12 volt test light-- check one terminal and then the other-- one side will light the bulb, if it has power, the other will not if it is blown.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
It is best to check the fuses with a 12 volt test light-- check one terminal and then the other-- one side will light the bulb, if it has power, the other will not if it is blown.
this^^ saves a lot of time, don't have to pull every fuse and look at it.

Did you lose just the door lock, or also the windows, driverside blinker, brake light etc etc ? Same thing happened to me and I lost power to an entire row of fuses in the door jam fuse box. Ended up being a fuse under the hood that powers that section of the inner fusebox..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts