Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys heres the deal. im buying my dads lmm. he already has exhaust cai and h&s blackmax. if i dont like the h&s is it possible to just pull the card out of it and just use it for gauges? then run a dsp5 for efi live. i dont see why this wouldnt work. thanks guys

·
Registered
13,927 Posts
Yes but first return the tuning back to stock completely. To be honest though I would try and sell it. With the recent crack down on tuning the Black Maxx will bring you enough to cover a Autocal and CTS Insight.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Ndlbz, did you end up selling the black maxx or did you keep it and use it for just the monitor? been thinking of upgrading to EFI, also wondering what the difference was between the 2.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Wow, holy zombie thread.. The main difference between H&S and EFi is H&S is a canned tuner. This means it's the same tunes on every single truck no matter what upgrades you have done. EFi is completely customizable and you can adjust it to fit your upgrades needs.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
41 Posts
I know what EFI is all about, I was just looking for feedback from somebody who switched from H&S to EFI

1 - 5 of 5 Posts