Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
Ive got a 2012 Duramax and its got right at 25,000 miles on it. Before they stopped selling them, I bought the Mini Maxx with the deletes and 4" Turbo back exhaust. Trying to decide if I need to go ahead and say heck with the warranty and put it all on or wait it out. Just wanted to get updates and opinions. How many miles do yall have on yalls trucks with the system and have you had any problems? Thanks.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Life is way to short to wait this out! Throw it all on and hammer down! I am in the same boat only I have 5000 miles on mine. As soon as I get stateside I am going with the mini maxx and a 5 in turbo back system. IMO trucks are for having fun and hanging in the garage with your buddies. If all those parts are living in boxes right now, you are missing out.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just nervous about it I guess... The way people talk, if you leave everything stock, they will have some major mishap before they even hit 100k because of all the crap on them. And yeah man, they are sittin in the box in the corner of the shop, gotta look at it all every day.

·
Registered
75 Posts
If you treat your truck good and take care of it, there will most likely not be problems, but you can never be 100% sure. It comes down to what you want to do? Look at parts or install them and have a good time dong it? There is no wrong answer just do what you are comfortable with.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I'm running XRT-Pro on my 2011 with 29,000 miles and still under factory bumped to bumper. I realize that there is a risk that some issue may not be covered, but I have had NONE so far. My MPGs and performance went through the roof. Currently I have DPF Delete only. Stock Air and stock exhaust (minus DPF). Have plans to go with the 4" in the near future. Having driven a stock 2012 LML I'd recommend H&S to anyone. H&S customer service and tech support are great as well.

·
Registered
232 Posts
My favorite setting is Performance. With that said, I am not hard on the truck, as a matter of fact I baby it too much (I've been told). I never race and only get on it at WOT once in a great great while. Performance get me the best MPG - 24.9 hand calc highway, 17.8 hand calc city and a 20-21 combination of the two (500 mile run at 50/50 split between city and hwy). I am currently experimenting with the Street setting ( after 6.6.33 firmware update) and hope to have the numbers soon, but so far I can already tell that they will not be as good as Performance. I tow a Rockwood 2902 travel trailer in Tow Setting with the use of the factory Tow/Haul mode until I get to a level surface highway speed, then turn it off to get the 6th gear. Trailer is only 6,700-7,000 fully loaded so not much weight. I also make sure that my firmware is always up to date. Current version for XRT-Pro is 6.6.34
On the side note, it will be interesting to see what happens tomorrow in Breaking Point 2 with the LML it's live at 1 PM. Go to H&S website for details.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts