Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone switched to EFI from a Mini Maxx? Curious as to how much of a difference they saw and what their opinion on each was?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Banned
5,738 Posts
Skipp the H&S. I tried multiple boxed tuners untill I finally got EFI Live. I can personally tell you that there s a difference if you go with a reputable EFI tuner...

·
Registered
815 Posts
i just switched from the xrt pro which has the same exact tuning as the mini and il say do it. The H&S fuels stupid hard down low and also made it shift like hell. EFI you cannot feel the shifts.The efi is so much better on mileage (winter fuel H&S 13.4 and after 2 weeks of EFI 16.8 all city miles with both). I only had the H&S on for about 600 miles, got rid of it and got Korys tunes and ive had a permanent grin on my face ever since. I havent gotten past Korys 100hp dd tune which is my 3rd setting and all i can say is wow. Also the pedal was touchy with the H&S where the efi's pedal feels more like stock and the power progressively builds the more you get into it. IMO i would say if you dont have the mini yet call up and get efi and if you've already got it you can probably sell it make a litle bit of money and get yourself efi. I can honestly say that i ordered my tunes through Willie(MrManners) and the customer service was amazing like always, I had a few quiestions and Kory and Willie actually took the time on a saturday to talk to me on the phone and answer them for me.That alone will be the reason that any purchases that i make for the dmax will be done through them. EFI FTW

·
Do work!
2,234 Posts
I've converted quite a few folks over from a H&S to EfiLive. There is no comparison between the two. an Autocal is way cheaper than a MiniMax or and XRT Pro to boot. Let me know if you need anything

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I actually already have the H&S Mini Maxx RACE tuner. It has the DPF Delete capabilities. I'm wanting to sell it and use the money to get EFI and an Airdog 2 or possibly trade it to a performance shop for those two.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I planned on getting EFI but about a month ago a guy had a bunch of the Race tuners for sale that he had bought stock and I got him to trade me it for my Remington 22-250 with ammo, hence the reason I have the Mini Maxx. No way in hell I would waste 1500$ on the damn thing

·
Registered
815 Posts
If I were you and you really wanted to get rid of it I would be moving as quick as you can bc one there is a release of the new EFI style tuning for the lml's the desire to get the H&S is going to go way down in the dmax community imo. Is the unit new or used? Should be able to pull between 12-1600 depending on how long your willing to hold out. Nice thing is anyone wanting to delete a cummins or powerstroke can use it so you might want to try craigslist and ebay as well as on here. Seems like you made out pretty good on that deal with the trade

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ya the guy was looking for a gun and I had just bought the gun and figured what the heck I will make an offer and was shocked when he agreed to it. I talked up firearms though since everyone is freaking about ammo sales and stuff. Also ya i think I'm gonna try Craigslist, but problem is I have a 4" MBRP exhaust so my truck will be down til I get the autocal or something.

Reactions: snowbalz

·
Registered
815 Posts
I was in the same boat with my truck when i sold my xrt pro. When I ordered mine through Willie I called him first thing in the morning and within a couple of days i had my autocal from Kory at the door when I got home from work. Your gonna feel like its a different truck once you make the swith. One thing you might want to look into is an insight or gauges to keep an eye on everything now that your not gonna have them from the mini

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I was thinking of getting gauges with a pillar pod. I like glow shifts, and those gauges that match the factory LMM gauges. ISSPRO or something. Not sure what its called. Did you ever run the 175 tune with your H&S tuner?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Also I really don't like how it doesn't change the throttle sensitivity and is jumpy. I get good mileage but I just can't stand how the throttle isn't smooth.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Hell no I didnt go near the 175 tune...I never went over the 60 hp tune just off the fact of how hard it would shift. The jumpyness of the throttle would drive me nuts and efi feels smooth and progressive. From the research that i did when i was looking at gauges the glowshifts are junk. ISSPRO's look bad ass but i ended up with the edge insight just be the fact that it can check balance rates, clear and read codes(nice if your on the road and dont need to carry your autocal, and you have a ton of gauges not just 2 or 3. Another plus is you can use the screen on the insight cts as a screen for a back up camera

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ya the CTS is pretty nice. I just don't have the $ to spend on it right now or for a little while. Maybe someday I will get one. I'm gonna get a transgo jr as well. Don't know how much that helps, but I guess it can't hurt! Has anyone got the fuel filter delete from FASS? Thinking of getting that as well

·
Registered
267 Posts
Who would you recommend for EFI live tuning on the LMM?

·
Registered
267 Posts
We currently tune the fastest LMM in the world, so with the complexity of that.. you know we could handle your stock one! Let us know if we can be of any assistance.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
A friend of mine just picked up a LMM today and wants to get it tuned so would he get the EFI live v2 thru you or where to get it from now?

·
Registered
6,736 Posts
You would get it through them. He wants the v2? Or the autocal? Only difference between them is the price and with the v2 you can make your own tunes. Kory at synthetic and Rob at ATP are your top recommended choices.

I know who I'm gonna use now though. ;)

·
Registered
267 Posts
I've been out of the duramax game for almost a year now and when I had my dmax I had robs tunes last and she ran great but that was an older LLY so didn't know if he was recommended on the lmm, so I'm not discrediting him but I really want to choose the best for my friend.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts