Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to do a tuner upgrade on my 2014 GMCLML. It has 62,000 miles on it everything is stock I also intend to replace the exhaust with a 5 inch ss pro flow. With DPF delete I’m looking for a simple install for a tuner. I would like to purchase one already pre-programmed. I’m not looking for a ton of horsepower but more fuel mileage while towing

any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
The EZ LYNK platform is really easy/ convenient to use if you have an Iphone or Android. Literally just buy the module that plugs into the OBD port & download the EX LYNK APP on your phone then you can buy tunes from whichever company you want (PPEI, GDP, Motor Ops, Unleashed, All In TRucks). When you purchase the tunes you will give them your VIN# & email and the tunes will be sent to you and you can download them through the APP. Also, the functionality of being able to data log your truck, correspond with your tuner is whats really nice about it if you ever have issues or want to tweak something. If you want old school basic there is the Autocal with EFI live, but I personally like the EZ LYNK platform better.

·
Vendor
10,987 Posts
Totally agree with Denarli. The H&S device has been unsupported for several years now. No tech, no replacement parts or updates (unless someone is still using MCC tuning software). EZ Lynk is the latest and greatest tuning device and is supported by several great tuners as indicated above. I had it installed on my LML and will have it on my L5P if it is ever supported.

We are a distributor for PPEI Custom Tuning. If I can be of assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.

·
Registered
530 Posts
thinking about the ezlink,,may start to put out feelers to a couple of tuners and see what options I have.
have to get my truck inspected every year.and now the inspection stations have 3 cameras to keep an eye on things,,all be it randomly.but my luck,I'd get flagged.

·
Vendor
10,987 Posts
thinking about the ezlink,,may start to put out feelers to a couple of tuners and see what options I have.
have to get my truck inspected every year.and now the inspection stations have 3 cameras to keep an eye on things,,all be it randomly.but my luck,I'd get flagged.
If I can help with any questions you have, please let me know.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the reply guys. A couple questions
1. First step is to purchase the EZ LYNK device?
2. Then the tunes will be sent to my email and the programmed to the ez LYNK?
3. Does the EZ LYNK have a screen for monitoring? Boost egts etc
4. Is there a package from PPEI that can purchased to work with the EZ LYNK?

Thanks for the help. I’m.new to diesels and I want to do this the right way. No half ass work.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
You’re best bet is to call PPEI or GDP and they can get you all squared away or whoever tuning you want to use. You can use your phone or another iPhone or android device to monitor gauges or get a edge cts . Most guys run the ez lynk and use the edge cts for gauges. Also, I believe GDP came out with a device that is used with ez lynk platform and can monitor gauges like an edge that is pretty slick

·
Vendor
10,987 Posts
Thanks for the reply guys. A couple questions
1. First step is to purchase the EZ LYNK device?
2. Then the tunes will be sent to my email and the programmed to the ez LYNK?
3. Does the EZ LYNK have a screen for monitoring? Boost egts etc
4. Is there a package from PPEI that can purchased to work with the EZ LYNK?

Thanks for the help. I’m.new to diesels and I want to do this the right way. No half ass work.
1. You can purchase the EZ blank from many places and use it as digital guages. PPEI offers it with tuning in either a limited or unlimited support pack. Only different between the two is the length of time you have access to the tuning library. We always recommend the unlimited so you will always get updates that are made to tunes along the way.

2. The tunes are available in the cloud. When you get your EZ Lynk you will plug it into the truck, download the phone app and link the two via WIFI or BT. You need data active on your phone if you do WIFI because it will need to be able to communicate and download from the cloud. You build your user profile and select [email protected] as your tuner. Once you do that, the system recognizes your EZ Lynk or VIN # depening on how it was ordered and knows what support pack you are supposed to have. You get access to the complete PPEI library, minus trans tuning for the Dmax as it is an additional expense. Each tune has a paragraph description on what it supports. You select the tune you want and it installs onto your truck. From that point it would just be a matter of installing your switch to be able to control which tune you are on.

3. It does not come with a screen. You either use your phone as your digital gauges, or some will purchase a small tablet to do it with. There is also a screen available to purchase from other EZ tuners. It is interchangable and will work with anyone you choose.

4. Kind of went over that in your first question. There are two tuning packages available from PPEI. Limited and Unlimited. The only difference in the two is the length of time you have access to the library. Limited gives you 4 weeks to select the tune you want and at the end of that period the last tune in your truck is what you get to keep. Should you need to change later on to something difference you would need to upgrade to the unlimited support pack. The unlimited is better and what we recommend because you have access to everything including updates that PPEI does periodically when they improve tunes or find bugs not previously reported.

We are one of the largest distributors for PPEI and have been with them for over 10 years. If I can answer any more questions or get you setup with your EZ Lynk, please let me know. You will find if you start shopping around that everyone has to offer PPEI tuning at the same price. Most use the MAP price.

PPEI EZ Lynk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.