Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an H&S mini maxx for almost 2 years now and never install it, but I don't know if to go with the mini max or EFI. I know I can sell the H&S for $1,5-1,800 e get some money back but which system is better, anyone tried both? And which EFI is the best Kory, PPEI? I have a 2011 LML chevy. If I will buy a new truck, can I move the mini on the new one? What about with the EFI? I just order the flo pro and lift pump I just need to decide which way to go.
Any info will be appreciate.

Sincerely

Denny

·
Registered
246 Posts
H&S was first to the market for the LML platform it is a good out of the box turner. With that being said Kory Willis's EFI for the LML is out of this world. Clean, smooth, and more than enough power plus he has awesome customer service. You will not find anything bad about him and his tunes only how much we all love them. I vote sell the turner and take the money and buy a autocal, and exhaust.

·
Registered
246 Posts
H&S was first to the market for the LML platform it is a good out of the box turner. With that being said Kory Willis's EFI for the LML is out of this world. Clean, smooth, and more than enough power plus he has awesome customer service. You will not find anything bad about him or his tunes, only how much we all love them. I vote sell the turner and take the money and buy a autocal, and exhaust. H&S can be moved from vehicle to vehicle where as EFI is vin locked.

·
Registered
146 Posts
EFI. Idaho Rob, Kory, Duramaxtuner, etc. Can't go wrong with any of them. As long as the truck is 2011-2014 the mini maxx is compatible with it, not sure how the process is with EFI seeming as I don't plan on getting a new truck anytime soon, never crossed my mind.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
EFI. Idaho Rob, Kory, Duramaxtuner, etc. Can't go wrong with any of them. As long as the truck is 2011-2014 the mini maxx is compatible with it, not sure how the process is with EFI seeming as I don't plan on getting a new truck anytime soon, never crossed my mind.
^nice avatar

Isn't kory the only one doing delete tunes? Other than motor ops

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have delete tune from Terror tuning... very smart guy and easy to drive on ice and snow too

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Keep the mini maxx and buy Max Calibration tunes from Kory and download them using the mini. That way you can use it to monitor, and you won't have to pay as much for EFI. It's the same tunes you would get from him using an Autocal, just downloaded through your minimaxx

·
Vendor
1,766 Posts
I had the mini max with canned tunes then got korys mcc tunes and they were better but I switched to korys efi live and omg he got rid of 99% of the smoke and put more power down

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
Or sell mini maxx which will pay for efi live and exhaust and not have to pay for unlock and tunes on mini max.

Then you can get the Insight for gauges.

Do want box or the option for custom?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Keep the mini maxx and buy Max Calibration tunes from Kory and download them using the mini. That way you can use it to monitor, and you won't have to pay as much for EFI. It's the same tunes you would get from him using an Autocal, just downloaded through your minimaxx
I thought to do that but is going to be at least another $500 extra.

·
Vendor
1,766 Posts
Sell the mini max get efi live it beats h and s and the mcc tunes

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
H&S tunes are pretty nasty, it's kinda amazing they run as decent as they do.
Anyhow, give Kory Willis or another site vendor a call if you want something better, with EFILive.

·
Premium Member
579 Posts
Sell the H&S and go with EFI-Live

Kory can take care of you or any number of other tuners as well.

But if your leaning towards Kory you will be just fine !!!

·
Premium Member
2,211 Posts
Sell the H&S and go with EFI-Live

Kory can take care of you or any number of other tuners as well.

But if your leaning towards Kory you will be just fine !!!

^^^dont let him fool us, he is a pretty slick tuner as well :)

Feel free to contact us or one of our resellers if interested!

Also- I can give enough thanks to everyone on this forum for the support!!!!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Do i need to purchase MCC TO USE KORY's tunes?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
^^^dont let him fool us, he is a pretty slick tuner as well :)

Feel free to contact us or one of our resellers if interested!

Also- I can give enough thanks to everyone on this forum for the support!!!!

Is the EFI better than tune with the MCC or is the same thing. How much is to use your tune with the mini maxx?

Thanks

·
Registered
61 Posts
H&S tunes are pretty nasty, it's kinda amazing they run as decent as they do.
Anyhow, give Kory Willis or another site vendor a call if you want something better, with EFILive.
Apparently h&s tuning is for a very broad spectrum of trucks. With efi live, i believe you get a tune directly specific to your needs. Every mod, delete, and interest you have in mind can be accommodated.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Kory is anyone working on the new 13-14 cummins off road tuning? I have a buddy looking for something/anything. I figured if anyone is working on it it's you.

·
Vendor
1,766 Posts
I have a guy locally that says he can do it but he wants 2600$ a pop

1 - 20 of 31 Posts