Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone come up with a way to hack the infotainment system/screen in GM trucks to display 3rd party trailer cameras?

Our 5ver came with a rear backup camera which includes the GPS like device that goes on my dash along with all it's wires. I'd sure like to either modify that camera or buy a different one so that it would display on the infotainment screen instead.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
I think there's a guy on here, @hdrolling, who did this very thing with an aftermarket 360 type camera system. He may chime in.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
The intellihaul 360 camera system has a wireless camera for your camper and it can be displayed on your normal radio screen.

Depending on how long your trailer is it may or may not work very well. I have the wireless module installed but haven't pulled my 38' out of storage yet to install and test the camera.

Like you I already have a wireless voyager camera system installed on the camper but it has the screen that mounts on my front window.

I don't think the intellihaul sells the wireless camera and module alone, just the three camera system with the cameras for the side mirrors.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts